Engineering Lead - Release
We are looking for an Engineering Lead under Release to be responsible for leading and developing a multi-disciplinary team of Release Engineers working towards specific company goals.
You’ll be a point of contact for the different stakeholders in the projects that your team will be working on, as well as entitled to participate in roadmap definition and completion.
On the other hand, you will have to be people driven, since you’ll be responsible to make your team grow in terms of expertise and career.
As a member of the team, you will contribute to the coordination of the releases deployment to our production systems, managing, and maintaining some of systems that support the release process. We are constantly pushing updates and iterating on all of our products.
You will work in collaboration with the Project Management team and be in charge of managing and coordinating all go live events within a Program or Project by checking end to end testing status, availability of test environments, making sure all teams are aligned and ready for intermediate go-lives and perform risk management to guarantee final release milestones are achievable.
You will be working in a very friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented and growing team. You will be a key player to bring your excitement by complex systems and the challenges that come from working with some of the best succeed e-commerce platforms in the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Set goals and development targets for the Release Engineers within your team and support them with feedback and development plans as they progress;
- Engage with the Release Engineering Manager into building a backlog that continuously contributes to the execution of the roadmap;
- Contribute to the hiring, training and development plan for your managed team;
- Act as coach and lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers with different types of backgrounds;
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities. Analyze risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality. Weekly Release Reporting. Communicate release details and schedules to the Business and Tech teams as required;
- Manage small Release projects, mainly contained in his area, being able to plan, execute and control a project from start to finish, including managing stakeholders expectations and project dependencies;
- Understand Infrastructure where applications will be deployed, different technologies for alarms, secrets management, geo-distribution, load balancing and containers. This way you should build bridges between the products delivered and the Infrastructure that supports it;
- You should analyze and gather metrics to suggest process improvements (performance, security, and efficiency);
- Work closely with Project Management to ensure the efficiency of the delivery of Programs and Projects (Control, Plan, Measure, Predict and React);
- Work with Service Management in the Post-Mortem analysis and improvements identification;
- As a Release Manager, you should know the tech stack of the development process so you can participate and discuss with the development teams the challenges of the full delivery workflow.
WHO YOU ARE
- A graduate of a program in Information Systems or a related field;
- Experience in Release Management or Project Management;
- Experience in software development, preferably on web (e-commerce) sites;
- Interested in automating things;
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Delivery, Deploy methodologies;
- Knowledge in software build, repository and maintenance tools like Visual Studio, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Jenkins, Salt, GitLab or any other automation build and deployment tools;
- Familiarity with Docker containers and/or other Microservices deployment methodologies;
- Experience working in agile environments;
- Understand the challenges of geo-distributed systems, multi-data center concerns and mindset on keeping delivery while the performance and availability of the system globally are always assured;
- You are very focused on the delivery and resilient upon blockages;
- A professional with proven solid technical background leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams towards goal achievement;
- Able to easily build relationships with the different players of the tech area, at different levels of the organization;
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand and meet deadlines;
- A professional with good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively;
- A professional with excellent communication skills, with the capability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization;
- Experienced in working in large scale organizations on a multi-national level with a multicultural team (ideally).