Software Integrations Engineer - Braga
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do. The team helps support the running of the current business and explores new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionising the industry. Split across 3 main offices - London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touch points, Web, Mobile and Instore. The team is committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform.
Being part of our Integrations team, you will be responsible for design and develop integrations processes with partners and helping partners to implement integrations processes with Farfetch. Furthermore, you will contribute to defining and implementing a sustainable strategy for integrations within Farfetch.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop integration solutions to solve complex integration processes ensuring high availability and performance;
- Improve documentation about our integration processes and workflows;
- Help to define best practices for the integrations processes;
- Contribute to the definition of the vision and strategy of the integrations team.
Who you are:
- Experienced in applications integrations (SOA, Web Services, API, flat files, etc);
- Experience using JSON, XML, XSLT, XPATH;
- Experience with SFTP, FTPS, and other file transfer protocols;
- Good understanding of Integration Patterns and application of integration methods;
- Familiarity with SQL and RDBMS concepts;
- Experience with secure authentication protocols;
- Experience working in Unix environments and Git version control system;
- Experience with EAI frameworks (WSO2 ESB, MULE ESB, ORACLE SOA ...) is a plus;
- Experience with technologies like Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka and RabbitMQ is a plus;
- Experience with software container systems like Docker is a plus;
- Able to promote process improvement;
- You have a problem solving attitude and experience in working closely with external partners;
- Fluent in English is mandatory.
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.