About the role:
Reporting to our VP, Innovation, In this role you’ll be part of the recently-formed central Innovation team, and have the opportunity to drive Farfetch’s engagement with startups and the wider startup community. Armed with a deep understanding of the company’s strategy and roadmap, you’ll produce insights, match opportunities to needs and introduce ‘blue sky’ disruptive technology for evaluation and deployment.
What you’ll do:
● Operate as a partner to business units and stakeholders across the Farfetch Group, to translate their needs into actionable criteria for scouting interesting companies.
● Act as a ‘startup success manager’, ensuring that all external engagement is mutually beneficial and that the interests of the entrepreneurs we work with are met.
● Respond to inbound contacts from startups, and triage appropriately to ensure no worthwhile collaboration opportunities are missed.
● Drive the evaluation process from initial contact to testing and deployment or integration, guided by Farfetch’s build/buy/partner framework, a clear set of KPIs and a strong ROI case.
● Develop a deep understanding of the business areas you service, owning related innovation projects and acting as a representative at relevant tech industry forums and events.
Who you are:
● You are analytical, strategic and have strong problem solving skills
● You are confident dealing with senior stakeholders
● You are flexible and collaborative with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
● You are commercially focused and a strategic thinker
● You are able to concisely and logically communicate insights or arguments, whether verbally (including in meetings), in writing or through Executive-level, professional presentations
● You have a positive, collaborative and engaging approach to working with colleagues, and have strong influencing skills
● You have an understanding of the entrepreneurship world, gained either as a startup founder or from a role within an accelerator, incubator, VC firm or similar. Experience of e-commerce and the luxury industry a plus.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of work experience either in a consultancy, or corporate innovation role within a business.