BI Analyst – Marketing Data Solutions
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
As we become increasingly sophisticated in our customer acquisition and retention activities, we need accurate, fresh data from the hundreds of publishers/partners we work with globally, customer browsing and transaction behaviour and customer survey data. Only by building this foundation of data can we generate actionable insights that will allow us to tailor our marketing activities to each individual customer. As part of the Marketing Analytics & Research team, you will be responsible for delivering this data.
Whilst based in London, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Business Intelligence development teams in Portugal and with business analysts in our other offices, including Shanghai and Moscow. This is the ultimate role for the detail-orientated analyst who enjoys manipulating vast amounts of data and loves the challenge of creating highly automated solutions for data collection, validation and analysis!
What you’ll do:
- You’ll design and deliver best-in-class data products that enable advanced analysis for Marketing. This will involve working day to day with the technical product owners and developers in Business Intelligence and Marketing Products teams. Projects include:
- A robust process to ingest and validate data from publishers all around the world, whether they have API support or not (e.g. costs from Adwords for major markets to iPinYou in China)
- An automated solution to monitor the data feeds being sent to our platform every day, on time; it would include an alert system that will flag data accuracy issues to relevant teams and will identify potential causes
- Ensure our core data products are surfaced properly in Looker, our new self-service data exploration platform for business users
- You’ll raise the bar in how we conduct analyses as a team, primarily through optimisation and automation. Projects include:
- Gain in-depth understanding of the commercial objectives of the Marketing organizing and identify opportunities to improve existing data sources and tools.
- Build a business case for new data sources/tools if necessary. (e.g. linking our data tables directly to our audience targeting platform, BlueKai)
- Building algorithm’s in collaboration with Data Science
- Training for analysts in how to refactor their SQL code for faster processing and to ensure that their dashboards are updated on a regular cadence
- You’ll ensure a high level of data quality for core data sources and critical KPIs
- Co-develop data validation tests with analysts such that they can be run regularly to identify defects
- Conduct root cause analysis on data defects and work with the BI development team on their resolution
Who you are:
- You have a BSE in computer science, engineering, information systems or other highly quantitative field
- You are detail-orientated with a demonstrably high standard for data accuracy and documentation
- You are an expert in manipulating large data sets in a professional environment
- You are advanced SQL and Python developer, with experience pulling/pushing data via API or by FTP
- You have working knowledge of the big data tech stack, especially:
- Databases (Microsoft SQL Server), data warehouses and data processing technologies (Hadoop, Google BigQuery and DataLab)
- Web analytics tools (Google Analytics 360)
- Data visualization and exploration tools (Looker)
- You have have experience using the software development tools GitHub/Lab and JIRA
- You have working knowledge of VBA for Excel and Looker is a plus
- You are a strong communicator regardless of format (email, documentation, presentation, discussion)
- You are able to collaborate with both commercial and technical stakeholders (technical product managers, development leads)
- You are experience in digital marketing tech stack (e.g. DoubleClick, DoubleClick For Publishers, Facebook, DMPs like BlueKai) is a major plus
- You have interest in fashion industry is a plus but not required
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.