Head of Product - Search
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
About the role:
At Farfetch, we’ve been investing in the growth of our Search and Ranking cluster of teams and we are looking for an experienced product leader to help us build it and drive its growth forward. You will manage, develop, and recruit Product Owners to produce an excellent consumer-centric search vision, which will help create a global experience that sets us apart and helps us truly Amaze our Customers!
Multiple multi-disciplinary teams - with its engineers, data scientists, analysts and product people - will work on our search platform. By working in this area, you will lead the product development of our search platform, covering topics like natural language processing, product ranking and visual merchandising, search features, customer intent, information retrieval from image recognition, and product localisation.
What you’ll do:
- You will define new missions and objectives for the Search area which are aligned with our Consumer Products Vision but that will also revolutionise the way the teams work.
- You will distil vision and strategy to your Product team in order to get all members of the cross-functional team to embrace it.
- You will lead and manage the creation and maintenance of the Roadmaps for the Search cluster. Understand how the team can achieve its goals, by leading the team to be able to identify opportunities, which will drive significant business impact.
- You will lead, support and coach product owners to Be Brilliant and Think Global, you will re-enforce “impact-driven” and “customer-centric” values within the team. Challenge all members of the cluster to think boldly and creatively and to then funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans, which will all help to Amaze Customers!
- You will want your team to succeed and become world class so will need to create strong People Development Programs, provide constant coaching/follow-up/ constructive feedback to ensure their personal growth.
- You will work with the Product marketing team, support the definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan and post-launch performance.
Who you are:
- You have a degree in Information Systems, HCI or related field;
- You are experienced in Retail, Tech or E-Commerce companies
- You have consolidated experience in the Search Products area, with a strong knowledge of Customer Experience and Conversion Rate Optimisation.
- You have proven track record in Leading/Managing product teams towards a common goal
- You have consolidated experience working in large scale organizations on a multi-national level with a multi-cultural team
- You have excellent communication skills in English, being able to communicate at all levels in the organization (from the development team to the C-Level team)
- You are able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines
- You have a good attention to detail, and an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively
- An understanding of the luxury retail industry is a plus
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.