PMO Project Manager
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of the PMO, you will be responsible for supporting world-class project management best practices across the business. The Project Management Office was established in September of 2016 and is quickly growing to be one of the most cross-functional teams at Farfetch. Though small in number, we are a group of experienced project and program managers working to deliver Farfetch’s most strategic, cross functional, and high impact projects.
Your role will be primarily focused on supporting Execs and Snr Leaders across the business in managing and delivering key cross functional strategic projects and programs.
This position is expected to support the current project management methodology. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in project management, gathering business requirements, monitoring and reporting on project management KPIs, conducting robust data analysis and KPI tracking, as well as delivering clear and concise executive level dashboard reports to key stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the complete lifecycle of strategic projects
- Manage 3rd parties and internal teams to deliver clearly defined and agreed project deliverables
- Provide necessary leadership, planning, communication and control activities within those teams to ensure the timely delivery of deliverables
- Manage all risks and issues and escalate as appropriate
- Track and communicate progress through the prescribed project communication regime
- Ensure you possess ongoing understanding of relevant industry and technical knowledge, pertinent to the business
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure deliverables are fully-operable in terms of quality, usability, scalability, resilience and, where applicable, business continuity
- Support the Head of the PMO in improvement of current processes, e.g. enhancing current tools and templates to better serve the business, proactively identifying areas of opportunity
- Review and manage project on-boarding processes, ensuring stakeholders are completing necessary steps to accurately evaluate and scope their projects and setting up SharePoint project sites to enable project team visibility & collaboration
- Support your Portfolio Manager in preparing for all key status meetings by ensuring all project managers and team members are completing their updates ahead of time. Aggregate updates across the portfolio to produce a monthly Dashboard for the Senior leadership teams
- Provide ad-hoc support to project managers who may require it and perform additional duties supporting the PMO and its maturity as required
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering management, systems & information management, project & organisational management or other related field preferred
- Project management experience working within a technology-centric or product oriented organisation
- Work experience in IT Strategy or management consulting a plus
- Professional project management accreditation desirable (Prince2, Agile, PMI)
- Proven track record of successfully building project management dashboards, reporting on key KPIs and establishing targets to measure progress
- Confident working at senior levels, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in an often ambiguous and continuously changing environment, strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work autonomously on a wide array of project management topics
- Strong attention to detail and high standard for quality outputs
- Have an excellent teamwork style and flexible working style
- Possesses energy, drive and enthusiasm
- Highly proficient at Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MS Project, SharePoint)
- Have a strong customer ethos and keep the needs of internal/external customers in mind at all times
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.