Global Communications Assistant
We work across all of the functions of Farfetch in order to provide strategic communications advice, and also ensure that all of the angles of the Farfetch story are being told to our key audiences – the media, brands and boutiques, investors and current and future employees. We work very closely with the marketing team as well to help amplify campaigns and initiatives that promote Farfetch to its customers.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and bright individual to join our Global Communications team. In this role you will support the Communications team with day-to-day press office activities including media relations, liaising with local teams internationally as well as third-party agencies, and planning and implementing plans for key projects. The Communications team work to a framework of key messages which support the business strategy and this is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic in-house team.
What you’ll do:
- You will liaise with a wide range of media in our international markets on a daily basis, facilitating day-to-day media requests for product imagery and proactively pitching trend and news stories
- You will have the opportunity to strengthen existing media relationships and forge new ones with key media as you work with them to explore ideas to secure feature-length coverage to raise brand awareness and effectively tell the unique Farfetch story
- You will work alongside our local brand marketing teams where we have a local presence, and directly with media, in markets where Farfetch does not have a local office
- You will support with creating global monthly coverage reports, analyzing coverage and liaising with local teams to provide a full global view of coverage against KPIs as well as collating press coverage daily
- You will pro-actively and effectively work across teams including digital marketing, editorial, social media, commercial and our partner suppliers to identify news-worthy stories from our vast global network using knowledge of key brands, global trends and what makes a great story
- You will write and distribute press packs and relevant imagery
- You will support with managing thought leadership opportunities and media enquiries on behalf of Farfetch spokespeople, including C-level Executives
Who you are:
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or similar
- You have some experience working in the press office of a global brand or at an agency
- You have started to establish personal relationships with global media contacts across print and online titles
- You have demonstrated an interest in and awareness of global luxury fashion industry and media landscape
- You have intercultural awareness and both strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have some experience in monitoring and tracking global media coverage and utilizing tools to measure impact and report back to the business
- You are extremely well-organized, proactive and efficient, with good common sense and initiative
- You are able to work well with different stakeholders across the business at all levels including senior staff
- You are an enthusiastic team player, ambitious, hardworking with a willingness to put in the extra effort
- You have the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.