Data Governance Manager
Who we are:
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
As Data Governance Manager, you will have an exciting opportunity to help fuel Farfetch’s data-driven strategy. This position will lead our Data Governance team, overseeing activities that will unlock the value of our critical data assets.
In this role, you will partner with executive-level business stakeholders to understand their key objectives, identify where data quality is critical to success, and then co-ordinate people and implement policies, standards, and processes that drive measurable value. The end goal is to ensure that the information that powers Farfetch enterprise is accurate, trustworthy and secure.
What you'll do:
- Roll out the enterprise wide data governance initiative, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Execute enterprise data governance strategies in line with the Farfetch`s strategic plan and objectives.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal data assets.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and Technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Coordinate and coach the Data Governance & BI Self-Service team, including activity planning and refining working methodologies in order to ensure alignment with Data group’s strategy.
- Establish, communicates, and implements departmental plans, objectives, and strategies.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Establish processes to continuously monitor data quality. Ensure processes are in place to proactively detect, correct, and prevent invalid data values.
Who you are:
- Experienced in setting long-term data strategies, roadmaps, and objectives;
- Experienced in leading Data Governance, Data Management, and/or Data Quality initiatives;
- Knowledgeable of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection;
- Knowledgeable of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices;
- Passionate about data quality and data governance;
- Have strong project management experience;
- Have strong leadership, relationship building, and influencing skills, including the ability to work effectively across all levels of executive leadership and staff;
- Have demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement design;
- Able to create an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Knowledgeable of BI tools or/and data catalog/dictionary platforms (Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, MS Data Catalog, Collibra, Cloudera Navigator);
- Knowledgeable of database technologies (NoSQL, Relational);
- Have a bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.