Data Science Engineer
We are looking for a Data Science Engineer to join Farfetch in building a next-generation risk management system powered by large-scale data and state of the art Machine Learning algorithms. You will join a talented team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Designers to help build and optimize, through research and experimentation, our data-driven products.
What you'll do
What you'll do
- Prepare, extract and analyze data, covering a wide range of information from customer profile to order history and
- Apply statistical, machine learning and simulation techniques to predict and manage customer risk associated with Farfetch products and accounts;
- Design, develop and manage real-time end-to-end fraud
decisioningsystems while balancing customer experience, risks, and rewards;
- Access and
analysedata to generate insights and make proactive recommendations;
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
Who you are
- MSc or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Data Science related role. Experience working within a Fraud, Retail and/or E-commerce domain is a plus;
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong sense of ownership in your work;
- Strong knowledge and proven hands-on experience in machine learning projects;
- Programming experience in Python, R, Java or Scala. Experience developing production software is a bonus;
- Experience working with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Cloud services) is a plus;
- Ability to communicate findings and data science concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Excellent organizational skills and deep understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts and techniques;
- Strong English language, both written and spoken.