Global Pricing Manager – Strategy and Trading
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the Pricing Team Vision
We are a brand new team within Farfetch that was founded just over 1.5 years ago. As a new team, we have had the unique “blank slate” opportunity to set the global pricing strategy for a $1.5bn business and design / leverage new tools to implement pricing, sale and promotions tactics without compromising our position as a luxury retailer.
We also play a crucial, cross-functional role in balancing supply and demand on the platform. This means we work very closely with the supply strategy team to understand where we have high supply / stock and how we can align the 10 teams within marketing to ensure we can sell it to the right customers.
About the role:
We are looking for someone with big ideas, who loves solving complex problems in an analytically rigorous way. You will be responsible for the design and delivery of the global pricing strategy for Farfetch as well as a commercial leader in setting supply & demand strategy on the site.
This is a highly cross-functional, high impact role with lots of visibility. It will require coordination across multiple stakeholders across the business including C-level management, product, digital marketing, merchandising, product, analytics and data science.
What you’ll do:
- You will design and deliver the pricing strategy and roadmap for Farfetch to meet corporate growth objectives, collaborating with and gaining buy-in from key stakeholders where necessary
- You will manage and enhance Farfetch’s pricing structures, capabilities, algorithms and policies based on insights from internal and external sources including, but not limited to, competitive dynamics, market trends, customer research, & cost information. Be the Farfetch expert on all aspects of pricing
- You will provide frameworks and recommendations, organize and guide internal and external research to guide / support pricing decisions. Research and track competitor pricing and market and macro trends.
- You will develop materials and liaise with Farfetch boutique and brand partners to produce clear and persuasive materials around optimising pricing / promotions strategy
- You will define and develop various Pricing & Sales Analytics dashboards / reports for standard and ad hoc report requests.
- You will hire, develop and manage a small team of pricing analysts
Who you are:
- You have a degree from a top tier university with a strong quantitative component. MBA a bonus
- You are experienced in at least one of the following areas: ecommerce, internet, sales finance, or relevant project experience in strategy / management consulting
- You have relevant and demonstrable pricing experience with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- You are highly confident in dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- You are commercially focused and driven with the ability to work towards metrics and targets
- You have demonstrable ability to transform sophisticated and complex analyses into high-impact, easy-to-follow presentations to present results clearly.
- You have demonstrated experience in developing and obtaining support for business plans and strategies by influencing cross-functional management with persuasive written and verbal presentations.
- You are experienced working with C level stakeholders and managing relationships across multiple departments
- You have the ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of fashion and luxury in a retail environment a bonus
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, Looker a plus
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.