Marketing Planning Manager
About the role:
We are looking for a Marketing Planning Manager to join the Marketing Production team at Farfetch. This team is responsible for project managing marketing projects, from creative brief through to creative process, development and final deployment. You will be responsible for managing end-to-end marketing campaign workflows and ensuring delivery across multiple internal teams. You will be liaising with multiple departments across Farfetch, incorporating their needs across multiple streams and formats, and collaborating with specific channel owners and brand managers to deliver exciting experiences.
As a Marketing Planning Manager, you will provide strategic and executional leadership and you will help the team prioritise multiple initiatives based on the business objectives. Your key responsibilities include execution of global creative initiatives, new experiences launches and site refreshes. You will also work collaboratively with cross-functional and regional teams in initiatives alignment, planning and execution across the various programs that span the calendar year.
This role is crucial the planning, delivery and development of the Farfetch brand experience.
Ideally you will have proven experience in this field either agency side, or within a high volume marketing production function. Having outstanding organisational skills is key for this role, as well as being a great communicator.
What you’ll do:
Briefing and project management:
- Lead creative and experience development processes: brief evaluation, creative resourcing, timeline management, budget tracking and management, agency/vendor management, cross-functional communication and production hand-off.
- You will put together a briefing process to ensure all briefs are communicated correctly to the relevant teams before they begin work. Break down marketing briefs to calculate the required resource and time needed to fulfil the briefs.
- Anticipate and manage project complexities to create “space” and set up the teams to do their best work. Provide clear and timely communication to cross-functional team leads and senior leadership regarding project status, obstacles and priorities
- You will manage all the communication across all the stakeholders involved in an initiative and keep the project on track with the timelines. You will oversee the transition of tasks between teams and ensure smooth operations.
- You will constantly work on optimising the existing workflows and building efficient processes.
- Work cross-functionally with Brand, Retention and Acquisition teams to drive their yearly initiatives and make sure there is the right prioritisation and balance based on existing resources and goals.
- Establish and manage cross-functional business relationships with multiple teams. Collaborate with Creative, Experience, Brand, Production, Analytics and Operations teams to drive projects to meet business objectives, timing and budget requirements.
Project Management and DAM tools
- You will identify, deploy and maintain a Project management/Workflow management tool for the Marketing teams.
- You will identify and onboard a Digital Asset Management tool and you will work with the Creative team to ensure all marketing teams have access to any assets required and these are kept in an organised way.
- Observe and identify opportunities for team process, tool, documentation and asset management improvements. Drive or implement required changes to make sure the creative producer team and wider creative group are working at optimum efficiency and happiness.
Who you are:
- You are experienced in working in a similar role, with experience in planning and project management for global channels.
- You are a professional in project management, accreditation is preferred (Prince2, Agile, PMI).
- You have strong understanding of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes and projects.
- You have a great knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- You have a strong understanding of web, digital and creative teams with excellent time management skills and an ability to drive a project forward to ensure it meets its deadlines.
- You are experienced in managing a range of creative and production dependencies across a wide range of platforms.
- You have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- An experienced people leader who is used to managing, developing and inspiring your team
- You have outstanding organisational skills.
- You are able to work under pressure and prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a desire to learn and use new technologies.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication.
- You are willing to propose new directions, solutions and concepts.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about content in the digital landscape
- You are calm under pressure and you are optimistic