Reporting to the Senior Production Manager, you will be overseeing the product photography (Still and On-Model) for our online catalog. This position will be focused on balancing the quality and efficiency demands of the image production process while maintaining a highly motivated and engaged workforce. This position is based in a high-volume creative production studio which is highly focused on tracking performance (quality and productivity) with metrics collected throughout the process.
What you’ll do:
- You will monitor and supervise a full-time and seasonal photography workforce to ensure the team meets performance standards.
- You will support a continuous improvement culture by promoting input/feedback from the team. You will document, test, and implement changes based on findings from feedback.
- You will coordinates with production planning to define photographer schedules and assigns daily tasks.
- You will ensure the studio workflow is running correctly and all sets are following photography guidelines.
- You will partner with global partners to align on global standards and learn best-practices & techniques.
- You will address set equipment needs through owning a monthly photography budget.
- You will provide direct support & trouble shooting for physical workstation or any technical issues that may emerge or problems that require extensive expertise.
- You will produce guidelines, share new trends and techniques and provide training to other photographers.
- You will shoot product respecting the high-quality standards and defined KPIs, filling in as resources dictate.
- You will set well-defined expectations and train team members on improvements based on performance feedback.
- You will recruit and hire a team of full-time and seasonal photographers.
- You will develop a training plan & conduct new team members' onboarding.
- You will provide mentoring, coaching, development and performance management for the team.
- You will perform quarterly performance reviews for all team members.
Who you are:
- You ideally have 3+ years managing a photography team in an ecommerce studio.
- You have a proven track record of developing and refining processes as it relates to photography production.
- You have strong interpersonal/people skills; ability to establish and build strong communication with other departments.
- You have excellent organizational and follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- You are efficient with time management and deadlines.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are able to collaborate with others and give and take direction.
- You are a positive team player.
- You are interested and experienced in fashion photography.
- You are experienced directing models as well as shooting on mannequins (a must).
- You MUST be proficient with PC, Adobe Software and Canon cameras
- You are a Lightroom expert.
- You have knowledge of spreadsheets & Google Docs.
- You have experience with strobe lights, light meters, Pocket Wizards, and Canon systems.
- You have experience with tethered shooting.
- You are able to troubleshoot lighting and software issues.
- You have experience with image processing/editing with Adobe programs.
- Communication and organizational skills a must.
- You can adhere to a range of time, cost and quality SLAs as expected on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.