Freelance Copywriter – Black & White
About the role:
Reporting into the Black & White Content Manager, you will be responsible for creating engaging, on-brand luxury product content. Working with a multitude of varied luxury fashion clients, you will need to switch between copywriting styles fluidly and competently.
You will work with the English Sub-Editor to ensure your copywriting goes live on time and to a standard fitting of a high-end fashion brand. Every day will provide a new opportunity and the workload will become increasingly varied as the Black & White team expands its reach.
Flexibility, tenacity and a collaborative attitude are essential for this new role. You will have some experience working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally this would have been within a copywriting or sub-editing role but a translator or linguistics graduate with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
What you’ll do:
- You will create engaging, on-brand luxury product copy for our partnered brands' new sites
- You will create copywriting examples and briefs for clients
- You will own the CMS copywriting process
- You will work with our core copywriting team to ensure tone of voice is kept consistent
- You will maintain quality of content on product pages
Who you are:
- You are fluent in English
- You have expert knowledge of luxury fashion brands and products
- You have a good writing style that is accurate, engaging and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
- You have an understanding of garment and accessory construction
- You have the ability to work independently
- You have the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.