Senior Manager, Brand Planning & Insights
You will help develop and manage new services and tools that will make our partners more successful, lead to a richer end-to-end partner experience, working directly with partners to understand their business needs. In this role you will be responsible for developing a well-articulated product strategy for our new generation of reporting and insight reports with the clear goals of (1) improving our service offering and partner perception, and (2) using data to influence our supply for the benefit of Farfetch’s and our partners’ performance.
Your team will collaborate closely with the relationship owners in Commercial, from Brand Partnerships and Boutique Account Management, to prepare and present quarterly business reviews, conduct ad-hoc analysis and proactively make recommendations to drive performance. The team will also be responsible for feeding their strategic partner view into channel planning, and driving opportunities through the supply and demand framework.
This person will bring a heavy quantitative skillset to the team (the “science”) but also be comfortable working with, and embracing, the “art” and understanding the complexities of the luxury industry.
What you’ll do:
- Build, manage and lead a team of brand planners who go deep into the data of our key partners to understand supply and demand drivers, both to deliver world class service to the partner and to maximise their potential on Farfetch. Ultimately the goal is to understand then influence performance (stock and sales), supporting the Brand Partnership team
- You and your team will develop advanced Supply & Planning methodologies, tools, and processes in order to drive the business effectively.
- Produce unconstrained and forward-looking Supply and Demand projections, to drive pro-active actions on the upcoming seasons.
- Analyse the current supply status for those partners and turn it into actionable insights, maximising and optimising their sustainable growth on Farfetch.
- Develop the open-to-buy / allocations for key partners (both mono and multi brand) based on the broader supply forecast
- You will collaborate with other key stakeholders to incorporate the breadth of context we have at Farfetch across Brand Partnerships, Account Management, Visual Merchandising, Marketing, Pricing and beyond
- Work with partners to develop the next generation of insight and sales reporting products.
- You will translate business needs into product solutions that scale both technically and operationally.
- You will draw on customer feedback, usage and operational data, and your experience to set and deliver on aggressive goals for adoption, operational performance, feature delivery, and ultimately revenue.
- You will champion adoption and engagement of the new products and services.
- You will analyse sales trends and work to empower partners with these insights to enhance their performance
- Ruthlessly embrace automation through adoption of business intelligence to scale analytics, reporting and insight wherever possible.
- Always communicate through storytelling - Structured communicator, adept at packaging findings into digestible, actionable insights
- Train the team, or identify external training for team members where appropriate
Who you are:
- Extensive experience within luxury retail planning/forecasting and consulting/strategy (preferably both). MBA is a plus
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Experience in growing, running and leading a successful team
- Advanced forecasting and data modelling techniques
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to earn trust from the team and peers
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with (occasional) ambiguity
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational and commercial excellence
- Presence and resolve in abundance - Demonstrates self-confidence with a sense that they can take control of difficult, unpredictable situations, and constructively challenge other strong-willed members of the business
- Commercially aware and results focused - Demonstrates understanding of the context of their work, always looking for creative ways to drive the business forward
- You have technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data:
- Excel and SQL (required), R, Matlab, Python (is a plus)
- Strong ability to balance a bias for action with the need to go deep – understanding of how extensive the analysis needs to be based on the problem at hand
- Critical thinker, confident in analysing trends and patterns in large data sets
- Organized team-player, able to prioritise, collaborate and drive projects forward with various stakeholders
- Able to influence change in senior stakeholders across the business
- An understanding and love of fashion and luxury
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!