Retail Operations Manager - Store of the Future
As this new start-up team evolves, you will work with the Head of Strategy to advise on new retail processes and policies as a result of the implementation of new in-store digital concepts. Positioned as the Subject Matter Expert to SoF clients, you will be responsible for analyzing existing retail processes, policies and procedures, for outlining the impact of the newly developed in-store technology on the “AS IS” structure and for advising the “TO BE” plan including overseeing end to end in-store system testing which will ensure a smooth transition of the overall store retail operations and people by taking into consideration the client’s culture while guiding them to the relevant changes.
You will also be in charge of defining the overall retail services for Store of the Future (which is constantly evolving) based on the product tech roadmap. From a client perspective, you will be responsible of the overall retail operations workstream, ensuring all deliverables related to your workstream are produced and delivered to the highest standards.
Finally, you will be the liaison for the SoF team with the broader Farfetch retail ops team.
The role demands a strong background in retail operations, training, logistics and knowledge of store technologies and systems.
You are passionate about the customer, retail and technology and how future technology trends will impact the consumer experience in store. You are a natural communicator and influencer who is excited to pilot the next big idea in retail technology in the luxury fashion market globally.
- Responsible for defining and implementing the retail operations services based on the impact of the SOF tech in store
- On a project basis,
- Act as the retail operations project lead, with the client and internally with the team (commercial, product, tech, UX & Design, Consumer insights).
- Document all existing processes, policies and procedures (PPP) for an existing store.
- Analyse the impact on the existing PPPs and identify gaps with the “To Be” structure.
- Document the new processes, policies and procedures which will ensure a smooth implementation of the SoF tech both operationally as well as commercially in store.
- Produce training materials to be shared with client retail teams. In the absence of client trainers, conduct training of SAs and store staff (i.e. stock controller).
- Advise and influence store managers and key senior leaders in store to get buy-in.
- Be the ongoing point of contact for client retail team, coordinating issues and concerns to be escalated to the project team for resolution.
- Responsible for coordinating and communicating all retail operations requirements to the global FF retail operations team. Be the point of contact of SoF for this team, always at the forefront of new developments.
- Report weekly during team status meetings and at every period end on the metrics for general support for SoF Team when required.
- Involved in SoF testing plan, and later KPIs for each product – especially around SAs and consumer adoption.
- Deeply understand Store of the Future’s vision and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team in the medium
Who you are
- Strong understanding of the luxury fashion consumer and independent retail landscape globally.
- Understanding of technology trends, innovation and for testing new
- Have a proven track record in retail operations (8+years) in a global luxury group or luxury fashion retail company.
- This includes overall responsibility of retail operations at a group store level.
- Having leveraged your retail operations experience in a “consultancy” boutique firm is a plus.
- Excellent oral and verbal presentation skills. Great quality of written output.
- Very independent and autonomous and able to navigate through a fast-moving environment with minimum oversight. Self-starter and entrepreneurial mindset.
- An accurate, empathetic and driving personality – attention to detail, great communicator written and spoken, problem solver and collaborator across the internal team with a drive to achieve business goals.
- An ability to roll up sleeves and tackle issues hands- on.
- True passion for Farfetch’s vision and
- Fluent in French is a plus
Who We Are:
We are a revolutionary e-commerce company that brings the world’s best independent fashion boutiques to an international audience for a unique shopping experience. Our vision is to change the way the world shops for fashion.
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. We have offices in London, Porto, Guimaraes, Moscow, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Sao Paulo with further plans to expand.
We’re a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be human, Be brilliant, Todos Junto, Be Revolutionary, Amaze Customers and Think Global, day to day.
Our open plan offices are set in the heart of the digital district in London with plans to relocate locally this summer to a larger and more dynamic flexible office space. We offer free fruit, free daily breakfast, wine time Friday and a chance to work with an inspirational and high performing team!