Senior Womenswear Editor
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
We are on the hunt for a Senior Womenswear Editor with a difference. This role is as varied as it is fast-paced. Working across multiple teams and disciplines from Media Solutions to Brand Partnerships, Creative and Buying, Merchandising and Fashion Teams this person will be seminal in building the Farfetch fashion vision, voice and unique perspective. You’ll have management responsibilities, so leadership skills are key and a desire to lead is preferable.
We need an editor who is ahead-of-the-curve in every way, from proposing the best emerging photographers, stylists and models to shoot to understanding the brands and trends that are about to be huge. This person will have strong opinions on what makes great content, what’s right for Farfetch and what constitutes the best tone of voice for a millennial-minded customer. An inquisitive mind is absolutely necessary and a drive to do things differently is what we’re after.
What you’ll do:
- You will propose and create fresh, unique inspiring content that achieves cut-through in a crowded market
- You will work with relevant teams to identify a unique opportunity and build a brand and voice for Farfetch womenswear
- You will raise the fashion authority of Farfetch by developing a roster of new collaborators
- You will collaborate and ideate unique brand partnerships in the womenswear space
- You will represent Farfetch in the industry and raise visibility
- You will help develop of strong visual style for our customer that is unique to Farfetch
- You will work across the business to develop new opportunities for Farfetch on our varied and multiple platforms
Who you are:
- You have extensive experience within offline or online fashion publishing or e-commerce
- You are obsessed with fashion, clothes and shopping but you definitely would not write that as a way of describing yourself
- You’re a snappy headline writer with a passion for storytelling and brainstorming
- You have at least 4 years experience in a senior editorial role
- You’re eternally curious, you want to know how things work and you enjoy solving problems
- You love discovering newness, be it apps, films, TV shows, designers, start-ups, people, seminal runway shows and brilliant advertising campaigns
- You understand that fashion is for everyone and should be inclusive, fun and entertaining
- You have the ability to meet tight deadlines and work autonomously providing self-direction
- You are a team player and thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, fast-paced environment
- You have an ambitious and driven approach with an impeccable work ethic
- You have a professional attitude with a real pride in the quality of your work
- You have a solutions focused approach with the ability to stay calm under pressure
- You’re a natural leader who inspires loyalty and hard-work from direct reports
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.