Data Scientist - NLP & Knowledge Graphs
Our range of luxury products is unrivalled, with over 1 million customers shopping daily.
Our world class Product team is responsible for our customer’s journey through our platforms. Developing our website, mobile app and back office systems, they help to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel, and champion our customers by designing impactful products and loveable experiences that satisfy their wants & needs.
Knowledge Graphs are a key focus for our long standing ambition to be the number one platform for Luxury fashion. Using the latest data modelling and machine learning techniques you can help realise the future of the Farfetch retail searching, exploring, and browsing experiences.
About the role
To take us to the next level, we are looking for a Data Scientist with expertise and unrivalled enthusiasm in Natural Language Processing and Knowledge Graphs to contribute to enriching our product catalog and prototyping novel solutions to realise the future of retail.
As a member of the Inspiration data science team, you will play a key role in the establishment of a new platform, with opportunities to create enormous benefits for Farfetch customers. You will design and implement data ontologies to fit various use cases, research and productionise machine learning algorithms. In return you can expect an opportunity to shine, plenty of support from a talented team, and a friendly and positive working environment.
What you'll do
- Research, prototype and productionise machine learning pipelines to classify diverse unstructured data with appropriate ontologies and resolve entities
- Provide solutions for problems with substantial commercial impact
- Assist with evolving the ontology for a product knowledge graph
- Define mappings between different ontologies
- Design tools for ontology exploration and management
- Assist with building computer vision models, data mining, and QA
Who you are
- Have the ability to write clean and concise code in Python with at least one of Bash, Go, or JS
- Are proficient with modelling data in graphs using tools like Neo4j and Cypher
- Have a solid understanding of statistics, NLP (including NER, topic modelling, entity resolution), and neural networks (including RNN and LSTM)
- Experience with computer vision and deep learning is an advantage
- Are superbly qualified - you developed your inquisitive mind via a degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science or similar
- Are extremely capable of working with machine learning software - having a working knowledge of productionizing models: version control, unit tests, continuous integration, infrastructure as code, and containers
- Work well as an individual and as part of a team that loves to deploy best practices
- Have a strong ability to abstract complex problems to their essential components and design and implement elegant solutions for them