Front-end Engineer - Architecture Group
Who we are:
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world-class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionizing the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile, and Instore. The teams are committed to turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
As our paradigm shift into being also a Platform business, the Architecture team that we already know will be enlarged and more focused to assure that our platform and the work the teams does is scalable, aligned with best practices and can scale as the business volume and variety grows
As a member of the UI Architecture team, you’ll be working in a friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented and growing team. If you love to learn, if you are willing to share your knowledge and love to be part of the building process to reach the top and using the latest technology stack while having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss
What you'll do:
- Work collaboratively with the Architecture User Interface team, assuring and orienting developers towards the standards we set ourselves as a company
- Engage with developers in order to assure a correct implementation of our front-end architecture
- Help the architecture team disseminate consistency and front end best practices to all the engineering team
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines
- Up-skill other engineering team members in front end development topics and acting as a reference for engineering best practices within the team
- Well-being of our components
- Responsible for the update and progression of our documentation and guidelines.
Who you are:
- 3-5 years’ experience on front-end technologies;
- Experience in component-based architectures;
- Proficient with NPM and Node;
- Knowledge of ES6 and Babel;
- Experience in React and design patterns;
- Capable of developing a proper unit test;
- Knowledge of SEO, semantic markup, and accessibility;
- Working knowledge of GIT and Scrum/Agile methodologies.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.