Assistant Product Developer
FAM (www.fambrands.com) provides innovative fashion, design, brand development, and distribution solutions to a wide range of retail and wholesale clients and partners, specializing in active wear and sportswear, and rapidly expanding.
Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Personal Holiday, Paid Company Holidays, Aetna Health Insurance (PPO, HMO, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k Match, Voluntary Supplemental Insurance, Work-Life Balance, Free Coffee, Nice People, and more!
ABOUT THE ROLE
FAM Brands is the leader in apparel design, development, and manufacturing in the industry.
- You should have an incredible eye. What do we mean? We mean that you should be able to look at a design or finished product, know exactly how to make it, where to make it, where to get the fabric from, and how to get it done at the best cost
- Be an internal SME for Woven, Outerwear, Fabrics, Garments, Sourcing, and Product Knowledge
- Familiar with both private label and licensed brands
- Strong contact list of factories and service providers
- Collaborate cross functionally with merchandising, planning, design, and technical design to achieve best product results from all angles of the business
- Recommend new ideas and methods for construction and execution
- Anticipate and proactively tackle potential raw material, margin, sourcing, and execution issues
- Supervise negotiations, product development, adoption, sourcing, vendor allocation and production processes across multiple market and product development vendors
WHAT YOU BRING
- 1+ years minimum of Product Development and Sourcing experience in the apparel industry
- 1+ years' experience in as a PD assistant
- Solid knowledge of production processes, costing and logistics
- Solid knowledge of technical requirements related to testing of fabric, trims, and garments
- Solid knowledge of International Trade Law and US Apparel and Customs regulations
- Superior management skills, including the ability to provide leadership and motivation to junior and senior team members
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage workflow and projects
- Self-Motivated, creative problem solver with a strong sense of urgency
- Exceptional negotiation skills and communication skills
- Ability to lead change
- Ability to travel as needed, including last-minute trips overseas
FAM Brands does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.