Technical Design Supervisor
FAM (www.fambrands.com) provides innovative fashion, design, brand development, and distribution solutions to a wide range of retail and wholesale clients and partners, specializing in activewear and sportswear, and rapidly expanding.
Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Personal Holiday, Paid Company Holidays, Aetna Health Insurance (PPO, HMO, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k Match, Voluntary Supplemental Insurance, Work-Life Balance, Free Coffee, Nice People, and more!
- Develop complete tech packs in coordination with the design team, including: detailed specifications, fabrications, and technical drawings
- Own life cycle from sketch; tech pack creation, fit approvals from proto to final pp size set approval for multiple product lines
- Create or ensure inclusion of sketches and specs for tech packs, including front and back sketch, construction details, illustrations, materials, trims and hardware; ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency
- Manage fit sessions with Design and Product Development; maximize fit session productivity and schedule follow-up fits for corrections as needed
- Be able to accurately assess garments for fit, spec, and shape; measure samples, create specs, finalize grading, identify issues & give thorough information to make complete corrections with Asia factories
- Resolve and communicate fit and construction issues via proper channels (Production/PD) to suppliers with a high sense of urgency
- Maintain strong understanding of fit and construction standards to ensure brand consistency and quality
- Enhance fit and quality through review of customer comments, competitive analysis, and conducting fit sessions
- Technical liaison between Design, PD/Sourcing, and Production
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Design or related field
- Must have 8+ years Knit/Woven technical design experience - Activewear, Sportswear, Outerwear
- Demonstrable experience supervising a team of 3+ Technical Designers
- Must have strong technical knowledge of garment construction, fabrics, and tech packs
- Successful experience in leading apparel fitting with ability to handle volume in fitting process in active wear, sportswear, athleisure wear, outerwear
- Strong Illustrator, Photoshop, and Excel skills
FAM Brands does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.