FAM (www.fambrands.com) provides innovative fashion, design, brand development, and distribution solutions to a wide range of retail and wholesale clients and partners, specializing in active wear and sportswear, and rapidly expanding.
Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Personal Holiday, Paid Company Holidays, Aetna Health Insurance (PPO, HMO, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k Match, Voluntary Supplemental Insurance, Work-Life Balance, Free Coffee, Nice People, and more!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an incredible team of professionals, and we’re known for quality and collaborative and deep customer relationships. As we continue to grow, we need strong designers that understand designing for mass market, SMU, and to club and price conscious retail partners.
- Successfully identify trends in men's active wear and outerwear fashion, culture, color and consumer trend
- Collaborate with design, merchandise, and sales partners to create and present concepts
- Partner with product development and sourcing when choosing design components, fabrics, and trims, ensuring product can be delivered within the target customer price points
- Ensure a strong understanding of competitive market and landscape, along with identifying continuous opportunities for growth
- Partner with team members and sales to understand customer needs to create designs and assortments; present to customer buyers
- Illustrate and render technical flats & create tech packs
- Work closely with in house team members on development throughout the production and fit process
- Manage multiple priority projects and development calendars for a variety of needs, from internal to external customers
- Innate ability to envision & design great product within brand appropriate product guidelines and fiscal targets
- Partner with product development resources to select materials based on their functional properties, aesthetics and costs, without sacrificing design and style
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years menswear design experience - Outerwear, Sportswear, & Active
- Deep understanding and experience in knits and wovens
- Understand Design in Mass Market and SMU
- We like nice people (seriously, it’s a big deal here)
- Not easily unnerved & ability to handle deadline stress and pressure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience technical fit & construction
- Deep, demonstrable understanding of knit and woven
- Ability to learn and take direction, as well as teach and give direction
- Sketch freehand and technical
- Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork – there are no islands here, or teams of 1!
- Must be a CAD master - Adobe CreativeCloud
- Some travel may be required
FAM Brands does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.