Fabric Research and Development Manager
FAM (www.fambrands.com) provides innovative fashion, design, brand development, and distribution solutions to a wide range of retail and wholesale clients and partners, specializing in activewear and sportswear, and rapidly expanding.
Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Personal Holiday, Paid Company Holidays, Aetna Health Insurance (PPO, HMO, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k Match, Voluntary Supplemental Insurance, Work-Life Balance, Free Coffee, Nice People, and more!
ABOUT THE ROLE
FAM Brands is seeking an amazing Senior Fabric Research and Developer to support. This individual will be the internal go-to for fabric R&D – from knit fabric to woven fabric to color. You will support general needs across our Club and RockFit lines of business, and be an SME to design, tech design, product development, and production. You must have a can-do attitude and ability to meet demands ahead of their request.
- Analyze fabric needs across all brands, clearly communicating and making recommendations to design and product development partners
- You must consistently show a clear and meaningful demonstration of understanding our customers and their customers in all interactions
- Consistently share your expertise and knowledge willingly, educating others.
- Demonstrate understanding of our pricing models and markets and be okay with pricing needs.
- Research knit and fabric trends, in addition to color
- Work with design, product development/sourcing, and production to ensure we’re fitting within cost structures – provide multiple options and recommendations for assigned garments
WHAT YOU BRING
- 8 – 10+ years in Fabric Research and Development (Fabric R&D)
- Must demonstrate expertise in wovens, knits, and color
- Strong contacts with mills across Asia
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, requests, and projects
- HANDS ON HANDS ON HANDS ON. This role will initially be a team of two, as we build the R&D organization
- Experience working with an apparel company that sells into Clubs (Costco, Sam’s Club) is beneficial
FAM Brands does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.