Project Manager, Apparel Product Development
FAM (www.fambrands.com) provides innovative fashion, design, brand development, and distribution solutions to a wide range of retail and wholesale clients and partners, specializing in active wear and sportswear, and rapidly expanding.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Project Manager who is interested in putting their apparel product development, merchandising, sourcing, leadership and people skills to the test! In this new role, you will be responsible for working with a cross-functional team of professionals across Strategic Accounts, Merchandising/Design, Product Development and Production. You will setup and own new processes, be the single point of operational contact and accountability on major apparel projects for Strategic Accounts, and ensure resources are aligned and accountability held.
- Work with a cross-functional team including Strategic Accounts, Merchandising/Design, Product Development and Production to ensure resources, information, and processes are aligned to ultimately allow FAM to deliver merchandise to our customers.
- Support the overall Product Development function, enabling speed and flexibility for Strategic Account needs
- Partner with domestic and overseas employees and suppliers to deliver high-quality project management and support to meet company and customer goals for apparel items
- Drive meetings, follow up, and projects to support strategic opportunities help FAM achieve our financial plans
- Drive for speed through reduction in redundant processes and communications; hold teams accountable for not meeting their objectives
- Utilize prior Product Development skills and deliver maximum bottom-line impact
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Prepare reports for program leaders
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3+ years relevant product development and project management experience – position levels vary based on experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong influencing, execution and attention to detail skills
- Experience in Activewear, Sportswear, or other apparel categories preferred; Experience working within Strategic (Club) accounts is preferred
FAM Brands does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.