Sr Customer Order Specialist
Sr Customer Order Specialist
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
To provide exceptional service, support, and communication through direct management of customer orders, ensuring customer satisfaction and retention through processing orders, inquiries, order management and billing as the liaison with the customer base, sales force, purchasing,, collections, distribution centers and other departments.
- Process customer purchase orders in accordance with current guidelines reflecting Extreme Networks’ contractual agreements, legal policies, and Discount Authorization Matrix
- Process customer purchase orders within the Extreme Networks booking service level turnaround time (within 24 hours for bookable orders)
- Obtain all data required for customer master set-ups and changes; communicate comprehensively and promptly with Credit & Collection team to insure timely customer master set-ups
- Review orders to insure that requirements with respect to Letters of Credit or sales tax exemption are met; coordinates with customer’s freight forwarders as required
- Manage customer inquiries and communications in a professional manner ensuring that resolution is always provided
- Provide backlog reporting to customers as requested
- Maintain the progression of the orders through fulfillment & billing.
- Research & revise any issues through direct customer contact or working with sales personnel linking all relevant documentation within Oracle for auditing purposes.
- Authorizes shipments for projects, tracking project deadlines, issues and other events. Effectively utilizes internal resource to determine the right solution for fulfilling customer obligations, timely releasing equipment for shipping from distribution center or through Purchasing based on knowledge of product availability, customer location in regards to vendor location and expenses related to vendor-based shipping agreements.
- Work closely with Sales team, purchasing, vendors and distribution center personnel coordinating changes needed on customer orders and determining order status, contacting sales as needed.
- Investigates customer issues, supplying resolutions including but not limited to invoice disputes and proof of delivery of credit transactions for price adjustments or order entry errors (OM responsible for ensuring all credits have been appropriately authorized prior to preparing credit transactions)
- Maintains the Return Authorization process in adherence to company policy, following the process from generation of Credit returns to material return and invoicing.
- H. S. diploma and at least 5 years work experience or college degree. Minimum 3 years order processing.
- Customer focus – focus on exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to exercise good judgment with established departmental guidelines.
- Ability to identify actions necessary to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Business Acumen – Ability to focus on revenue maximization
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities in a high volume work environment.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational, mathematical, and problem-solving skills. He/she must be able to take ownership and drive the resolution of issues despite the origination.
- A sound understanding of customer service, order processing, credit processing, and billing principles.
- Proven ability to reconcile and audit data effectively with previous involvement in audit and compliance reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to analyze contracts.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Sound computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience using Oracle a plus.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.