Social Media Intern
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
We are looking for a collaborative and eager intern to join our social media and communications team. As a member of the team, you’ll look for ways to refine, improve, and expand our social media program.
You’ll work with the social media manager to update social networks and curate content to gain new followers.
You will also work with the team to create new social marketing campaigns, build brand recognition, and promote all published company content (via external and internal channels). Additionally, you’ll be involved in program reporting to track campaign progress and will spend time researching both industry and social trends.
- Create compelling and engaging content
- Work cross functionally with Creative team to develop visuals for social campaigns
- Monitor social progress using web analytics tools - review and report on success of campaigns and develop ways to improve
- Incorporate optimization strategies, analyze data, and research best ways to grow followers and increase engagement
- Oversee employee social presence
- Social listening and industry-trend researching
- Keep up to date with social changes and trends and relay to key constituents
- Optimize user experience for consistency and effectiveness of Extreme’s internal communications application – E360
- Maintain and manage E360 administrative channel, providing updates, tips and advice for using the platform
- Monitor holiday/#day calendar and craft ideas for company participation
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, and editorial skills
- Results-oriented with high expectations for quality, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Must be a team player, highly organized and ability to work with tight deadlines
- Ability to work at a fast pace, handling multiple projects at once
- Full competence with Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Familiarity with social media, especially Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
This is a part-time, paid Internship, where you’ll be expected to dedicate 20+ hours per week in our Salem, NH office. Flexible hours are available due to semester requirements. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, junior or senior in college seeking a degree in communications, marketing, or journalism with a curious and creative mind.
Are you interested? Apply now!
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.