Professional Services, Resident Engineer - Indianapolis, IN
Professional Services Engineer Responsibilities:
The Extreme Professional Services Engineer (PSE) will work within a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers to support a fulltime resident engineer position in the Indianapolis, IN area. The PSE role requires a broad range of technical, troubleshooting and excellent customer communication skills. Specializing in wireless The PSE is considered the “trusted advisor” for the customer during the engagement. The PSE’s role is to provide a high quality implementation of all product areas of the Extreme Network product suites, by ensuring that all networking implementations meet the customer requirements.
- Provide full time project support at a large Extreme customer in the Indianapolis, IN area.
- Follow Extreme Professional Services PDIO (Plan/Design/Implement/Operate) implementation methodology.
- Responsible for creation and maintaining of project documentation during implementation.
- Responsible as technical lead and trusted advisor to the customer during implementation.
- Responsible as liaison between sales and customer during implementation.
- Work with Extreme partners and sales staff to implement the Extreme solution that was sold.
- Must maintain excellent knowledge on all Extreme product suites.
- Ability to escalate any customer issues to management in a timely manner.
- Expert in networking technologies with industry and regional knowledge and experience. (10 or more years’ experience)
- Thorough knowledge of security design features and ability to implement and perform analysis of network and systems security design. (4 or more years’ experience)
- Hands-on experience using security-related toolsets.
- Must have strong skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution in a network environment.
- Keen ability to understand and analyze customer requirements and position the Extreme solution effectively.
- Ability to effectively implement Extreme products and solutions in a mission critical environment within a scheduled downtime or with no downtime.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex customer interactions in difficult circumstances and control customer expectations in order to maintain satisfied customers.
- Excellent inter-personal, technical presentation and communications skills.
- Proven team player.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be experienced with Extreme Wireless solutions
- Experience with Ekahau a plus
- In-depth knowledge of four or more of the following networking technologies: (3 or more years’ experience)
- Routing Protocols (RIPv1/v2/v3, OSPFv2/v3, VRRP, MPLS, BGP, PIM, etc…)
- Layer2 Switching (802.1Q, 802.1 D, 801.x)
- Extreme Management Center (XMC)
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Must be a US citizen
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Network Certifications desired (i.e. CWTS/CWNA, etc.)
- Extreme Wireless certification
LOCATION: Position is based at a client site in Indianapolis, IN and not budgeted for relocation. Qualified local candidates (or those moving to the area) are encouraged to apply.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.