Ernest Packaging Solutions, a full-service designer and distributor of quality corrugated packaging, packaging supplies and janitorial products is hiring for an experienced Director of Sales. You will be working out of our Morrisville, NC location. We are looking for talented individuals with a proven ability to motivate, manage, and develop and grow an outside sales force.
Director of Sales
The Director of Sales acts at the company’s consummate resource in achieving the long-term loyalty of our customers and managing all sales activities. This is accomplished through a combination of taking ownership of key account relationships and providing leadership, motivation and direction to our sales force. Ultimately, this position is the focal point in our company’s long-term strategy to develop incremental GTM growth through in-depth selling with existing customers and through the acquisition of new customers.
- Manage and oversee the company’s sales direction and functions, including development of sales techniques, approaches and measurement standards.
- Strive to exceed the company’s sales objectives as to GTM production, GTM%, sales performance and customer loyalty.
- Manage, support and cultivate the development and growth of the sales force.
- Nurture the close working relationships with our valued supplier partners as it pertains to our core purpose.
- Maximize account penetration via in-depth selling.
- Ensure that the company’s sales force alerts senior management to any possible customer problems by immediately communicating complete and accurate information to all parties involved within the company.
- Respond swiftly, thoroughly and effectively to customer crises to assure satisfactory resolution.
- Conduct regularly scheduled reviews with the company’s sales force to discuss in-depth account reports, new opportunities, customer problems, competition, industry swings, new product information and introduction and organizational relationships.
- Act as the point-person for all departments when sales-related issues arise.
- Establish selling prices and approve deviations within company policy.
- Support and assist in the implementation of all company policies including credit and collections policies.
- Implement sales promotions, campaigns and sales contests.
- Lead monthly sales meetings.
Operational responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain a yearly business plan that includes programs for improving the profitability of the company.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Inspires and motivates employees to perform at a high level.
- Make recommendations to the company for better results, which should include better methods, systems and procedures.
- Select, hire and train sales team.
For 70 years, Ernest Packaging Solutions has been a responsive, trusted partner providing complete packaging products and systems, as well as value-added process cost savings consulting.