Provides comprehensive and appropriate dental care and treatment to patients. Provided supervision to Dental Assistant(s) and Dental Hygienist(s) as assigned.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Directly affect improvements in patient well-being through accurate and timely diagnosis and delivery of high quality dental treatment. Ensure the delivery of competent, accurate, dental care and treatment to all patients assigned.
- Provide routine and emergency dental services, including diagnosis and treatment plans, general restorative procedures, crown and bridge construction, removable prosthetics, uncomplicated endodontics and minor oral surgery.
- Initiate and interpret x-ray and lab studies.
- Administer and prescribe anesthetics and medications.
- Refer patients for specialty care to other clinic programs our outside agencies as appropriate.
- Supervise Dental Assistant and Dental Hygienist.
- Conduct follow-up patient care.
- Provide dental and oral health education to patients and families.
- Assist in reviewing clinic productivity, scheduling procedures, and establishing guidelines for care and treatment.
- Teach and train patients and staff on illness prevention.
- Actively participate in community dental programs.
- Assist with in-service and on-going training of clinic staff.
- Meet or exceed all measurable standards of care, including overall clinical quality and productivity goals.
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency, and appropriate confidentiality with patient charting and related recordkeeping and administrative functions as assigned.
- Ensure the delivery of all dental treatment and care is consistent with all regulatory, accreditation, and professional standards, including clinic policies and quality initiatives.
- Understand and ensure all practices and procedures related to the delivery of dental services are consistent with contracted protocols and procedures.
- Develop and ensure favorable relationships with all patients and their families. Ensure all patient services are delivered in a caring and profession manner.
- Develop and ensure favorable relationships with vendors, contractors and payor sources.
- Develop and ensure ongoing, positive relationships and collaboration with other dentist and dental staff members. Ensure the success of each clinic operation through collaborative support and working relationships with all clinic operations staff.
- Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Uphold and ensure compliance and attention to all corporate policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values of the organization.
- Strive for continuous growth and development of Cultural Competency exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- D.D.S. from an accredited education institution
- Current license to practice dentistry in the state of Ohio
- GPR or AEGD is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- CPR Certification (training can be provided upon hire)
- Commitment to preventive dental care
- Demonstrated success in working independently, prioritization and problem solving
- Proficiency in knowledge of office management, use of computer, software packages, and office machines
- Knowledge of federal, state, and location regulations and standards associated with the delivery of care in a community health care environment
- Knowledge/interest in providing care to diverse patient population
- Written and oral bilingual fluency in language spoken by our patient population (for example, English/Spanish or English/Polish) strongly preferred.
Background check and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA