Reporting to the Senior Graphic Designer, the part time Graphic Designer will work out of Dayton, OH and produce Equitas Health marketing and communication materials for the Pharmacy, Dental and Medical Centers, as well as the other Equitas Health locations. This person will be able to work independently and collaboratively on designing a variety of assignments such as marketing collateral, annual report, event invitations, print ads, presentations and materials, website graphics and layouts, and more.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving, sitting at a computer, utilizing a computer for designing and conducting research, attending meetings, working with vendors and staff.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Design and produce marketing (print and digital) pieces for a wide variety of programs and events
- Collaborate with program staff to develop creative solutions and then implement those solutions through a variety of channels
- Create accurate costings and deliver projects within budgets.
- Stay current on industry trends
- Manage production of all print pieces from conception to completion
- Attend press checks as needed and maintain quality check on all pieces
- Create and maintain relationships with vendors
- Work on other projects as needed
- Four-year related degree and a minimum of 2 years’ design experience in an in-house creative department or design firm or work experience equivalent to the education and work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong creative, organizational, problem solving and time-management skills
- Must be able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with HTML and motion graphics a plus.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office, including Outlook
- Possess strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, layout and typography, a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions
- Advanced knowledge of graphic production process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Requires a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines in a collaborative environment
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands and work efficiently without constant supervision
- Required to attend fund raising events in a support capacity
- Flexibility with regard to work hours and must be willing to travel as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. In accordance with Equitas Health Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. EOE/AA