Reporting to the Content Manager, the Content Coordinator is responsible for developing and monitoring the health system’s internal and external content through research, writing and delivery on projects designated by the Content Manager and assigned by the Project Manager. This position will provide targeted content creation for all departments across the health system to plan, develop, and write content for web, email, print, and social media content strategies that support the nonprofit’s growth priorities and mission.
PAY RANGE: $41,472-$62,208
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Writes copy for internal and external marketing initiatives and communications, including newsletters, email blasts, blog posts, departmental communications, and promotional and educational print pieces as assigned.
- Adheres to agency style guide on how to research, source material, emulate tone and style, and create effective messaging for a variety of channels.
- Delivers compelling and expertly crafted messaging that adheres to brand standards on behalf of internal clients in different departments, while meeting deadlines.
- Creates accurate, clear, and brand-relevant copy suitable for all platforms.
- Performs supplemental research as necessary to round out messages and communicate topics.
- Creates press releases as needed to drive press interest relative to the press outlet being approached.
- Proofreads copy to check for spelling and grammar errors.
- Amends, revises, or redevelops messages in response to feedback from the Content Manager.
- Responds to the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; incorporates user feedback into revisions; makes customers and their needs a primary focus.
- Adheres to health literacy best practices.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Women’s & Gender Studies, Queer Studies, African American Studies, Latino Studies, Community Health, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Journalism or a minimum of 4 years of experience in marketing communications
- Proven competency using Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills required.
- Proven ability to independently create polished, engaging and grammatically correct content that meets defined business objectives across multiple channels and platforms (email,
websites, print, and social media).
- Communicates in an open, consistent and effective manner; explains concepts and procedures clearly and completely while maintaining attention and interest.
- Displays sensitivity and cultural competency with regard to ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, and gender identity in verbal and written communications.
- Possesses basic subject matter knowledge of health disparities, barriers to LGBTQ+ equity, HIV stigma, etc.
- Proven willingness and ability to notice gaps in subject matter knowledge and seek avenues for learning.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment requiring a sense of urgency.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to maintain a positive attitude when responding to challenges.
- Outstanding personal time management skills and ability to complete projects independently.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.