The Case Aide is responsible for assisting with the provision of continuity of care for those clients in case management services at Equitas Health and with the identification of those living with HIV needing case management services in central Ohio. The individual will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines as stated by the Ohio Revised Code and put forth by the Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapist Board.
PAY RANGE: $31,200-$35,880
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to driving, utilizing a computer for typing and conducting research, attending meetings.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Gather all necessary components of the Ohio HIV Drug Assistance Program (OHDAP) application and ensure thorough completion before submission to ODH.
- Support Case Managers and Fiscal Coordinators in the processing of approved OHDAP Rx Exceptions.
- Maintain appropriate referral sources and contact persons for client access to community-based services.
- Maintain supply of condoms and lube for client distribution.
- Assist Case Managers with data entry of intakes, outcomes and disbursements in the databases.
- Maintain client files and records and provide data for federal, agency and board purposes.
- Ensure all received faxed documents are distributed to appropriate Case Managers or filed as appropriate.
- Complete accurate and up-to-date data collection, reporting, and related documentation as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with the distribution, collection, and data entry of ODH required surveys (e.g., Client Satisfaction Survey).
- Represent organization in the community engaging other service providers and educating about special needs associated with HIV/AIDS in the primary care continuum.
- Assist in the coordination of scheduling HIV/AIDS specific training.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Continuously grow and develop Cultural Competency, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor related to the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
Completed coursework towards an associate degree with a minimum of one year of experience
working in a community based agency/setting required. Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community. Community-based Case Management and training experience desired. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required. Must have valid Ohio driver’s license and reliable transportation. Background and reference checks will be conducted. Knowledge and adherence to social work standards and ethics.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.