RN Care Coordinator
The RN Care Coordinator works in collaboration and partnership within an interdisciplinary team to manage chronic healthcare conditions for patients with two or more chronic conditions and tangential issues. Focus on HIV prevention and STI will be a top priority. The Care Coordinator will ensure transparent whole patient care and will support patient activation in care, improved population health outcomes and increased health literacy. Additional primary care will be assigned as part of normal daily workload.
PAY RANGE: $49,766- $62,208
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Promote timely access to appropriate and encompassing care
- Increase utilization of preventive care
- Create and promote adherence to a care plan, developed in coordination with the patient, primary care provider and tangent departments
- Cultivate and support primary care and specialty provider co-management with timely communication, inquiry, follow-up and integration of information into the care plan
- Increase continuity of care by managing relationships with secondary and tertiary care providers and referrals
- Increase patients’ ability for self-management and shared decision-making
- Establish relationships with relevant community resources, resulting in the connection of patients to these resources with the goal of enhancing patient health and well-being, increasing patient satisfaction and reducing health care costs
- Assess patient health literacy and utilize effective strategies to increase understanding and activation in care
- Anticipate and meet or exceed all patient needs and pro-actively takes responsibility for ensuring their quality care experiences
- Assist with the identification of chronic care patients and add these to the patient registry
- Attend all Care Coordinator training courses/webinars and meetings
- Provide feedback for the improvement of the Care Coordination Program
- Ensure that the data is entered accurately and consistently within the EHR
- Partner with Quality and Evaluation department to identify appropriate QI initiatives to improve outcomes
- Facilitate, implement and evaluate QI activities to improve chronic care management among care teams
- Work with team members to develop step-by-step procedures for complex processes. Train staff in related policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensed Registered Nurse recognized through the Ohio Board of Nursing. BSN or MSN preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous Chronic Care Management experience required
- Knowledge of clinical quality indicators for Ryan White, FQHC, Meaningful Use and PCMH
- 3-5 years of RN experience in a clinical setting
- Previous experience with alcohol and/or substance abuse is preferred
- Evidence of essential leadership, communication and counseling skills
- Highly organized with ability to keep accurate notes and records
- Experience with Quality Improvement and change management preferred
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and LGBTQ communities.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required. Experience with EPIC highly preferred and ability to learn new technologies, web tools, and basic design tools is imperative
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Ohio driver’s license
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.