Medical Social Work Supervisor
The position provides clinical and administrative supervision in an ambulatory setting to professional social work staff and other subordinate staff in conducting assessments, crisis intervention, and discharge planning within the context of a multi-disciplinary team. This position will also evaluate and develop assigned subordinate staff; coordinate the functions of the social work staff; implement the policies and procedures; and develop and implement continuous quality improvement activities at each medical center.
PAY RANGE: $49,766-$62,208
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, supervising; relationship building; traveling; driving and having reliable transportation; utilizing computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, calendar, email and Epic (EMR) in performing work assignments.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Organize and delegate clinical operation tasks including patient flow, patient charts, equipment, scheduling and appropriate coverage to ensure the delivery of optimal patient care.
- Provide individual and group supervision to subordinate professional social work staff, on a regular or as needed basis. During supervision evaluate the effectiveness of services and patient outcomes.
- Conduct timely 90-day and annual performance reviews for assigned staff.
- Coordinate social work activities with the other disciplines at each medical center to determine patient needs, progress, treatment goals and possible new approaches for difficult situations with patients.
- Develop and implement peer review and utilization review processes and CQI activities to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Conduct periodic chart reviews to ensure the timeliness and appropriateness of interventions.
- Provide in-service training to social work staff and other disciplines on an assigned or as needed basis.
- Collect, analyze, and report data on program activities, including ensuring data is entered timely and accurately into the necessary data systems.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of standards and regulatory surveys by NCQA, HRSA, ODH and others.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of clinical goals and/or objectives for each medical center.
- Interprets, administers and adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Participates in departmental budget preparation.
- Review and recommend potential resources which are culturally sensitive to the targeted community
- Attends administrative and clinic meetings as assigned.
- Participates in performance improvement and CQI activities as assigned.
- Stay informed about current health trends, developments, as well as evidence-based practices in integrated care.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Social Work with current registration in good standing with the Ohio State Board as an LISW-S.
- Two to three years in management required
- Previous experience in a health care setting is strongly preferred
- Licensure and/or scope of practice in mental health and substance use dependency preferred
- Experience implementing evidence-based practices with fidelity to program models preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence and interest in working with persons of the transgender community or non-gender conforming community
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered.