Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
We are looking for an outstanding Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) to join our growing Behavioral Health team at Equitas Health. The PNP is part of a multidisciplinary team that provides comprehensive medical and mental health care to patients living with HIV/AIDS. The ideal candidate is skilled enough to work with the general population, and has a passion for serving people at risk or impacted by HIV and the LGBTQ community. The PNP will see patients at both the Dayton and Cincinnati Equitas Health locations.
Equitas Health is a mission-driven organization excited about making lasting change in our community, and we value our medical providers with benefits like loan repayment, malpractice insurance, health insurance, mileage reimbursement, holidays, and paid time off. Are you ready to be a part of care for all? Apply today!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving or having reliable transportation; written communication; relationship building with community partners and funders; utilizing a computer for documentation and conducting research; attending meetings; and presenting to small and large groups.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Conduct psychiatric patient evaluations to determine medication needs. Document evaluations and interactions with patients in the electronic health record.
- Prescribe pharmacologic therapies including controlled substances.
- Monitor progress and to make any necessary changes to patients’ medications.
- Facilitate direct patient admissions into hospitals when needed.
- Complete clinical documentation to assist patients in acquiring and maintaining disability or other assistance programs.
- Assessment for appropriateness of gender affirming surgery or hormone treatment.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings to develop coordinated treatment plans.
- Consult with Collaborating Physician during a regularly scheduled meeting.
- Educate patients on HIV disease and psychiatric issues.
- Provide informative trainings to direct service staff several times during the year on topics such as common drugs for the treatment of mental health conditions. Presentation content will be developed in coordination with the Director of BH and EH medical director
- Assist with the development and implementation of behavioral health clinic policies and procedures, clinical workflow, continuous quality improvement standards and program monitoring.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with the HIV medical community and mental health community to enhance patient access to services including specialists and consultant care.
- Continually update own knowledge of HIV/AIDS through reading, conference attendance, lectures and other educational opportunities.
- Participate in activities related to Meaningful Use, patient centered medical home certification and other accreditations like CARF and FQHC.
- Help to integrate the Equitas Health Medical Center and Pharmacy operations to maximize the number of patients enrolled in both services.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Continuously grow and develop cultural competency, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Other medical center and pharmacy related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Ohio licensure as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority.
- One to three years of experience in providing psychiatric care desired.
- Exemplary customer service as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of health and social service needs of persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Willingness to see patients at both the Dayton Medical Center and the Cincinnati Medical Center each week
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, chemical dependency and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
OTHER INFORMATION:Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA