Equitas Health Pharmacy is a company of Equitas Health providing access, education, consultation and management of general retail and specialty pharmacy services for patients of Equitas Health and other Ohio providers, as well as the local community.
The Project Manager will develop and manage project activities such as assessment, planning, evaluation, implementations and reporting activities of assigned activities. The manager will coordinate and facilitate all aspects of on-boarding new pharmacy staff members and new services. Other project areas will be assigned as needed.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Successfully manages large, multi-phase pharmacy projects, including close collaboration with facilities and IT on construction projects, as well as HR and marketing on implementation projects.
- Creates project timelines; manage resources for each assigned project to ensure that the project remains on schedule
- Develops and deploys processes and workflows that increase efficiencies and move project work forward.
- Communicates clearly to all stakeholders regarding specific projects in an effective and timely manner so that project plans can be updated as appropriate.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities and implementing new workflows to reduce variation, reduce cost, improve access and improve quality.
- Conducts a baseline needs assessment of opportunities. Needs assessment will be updated on an annual basis. This needs assessment will become the annual work plan for pharmacy team members once approved.
- Coordinate the on-boarding of all new pharmacy staff members.
- Proper management of all transition and implementation in the pharmacy
- Act as the main point of contact for all transition and implementation activities
- Establish best practices, policies and procedures
- Management of project goals and objectives, to ensure desired project results.
- Assist with operational planning and manage milestones through collaboration with the Chief Pharmacy Officer, Director of Pharmacy Services, Pharmacy Manager and other Equitas Heath departments
- Manage transition and implementation schedule which includes all facility readiness activities, relocations and other critical milestones
- Conduct meetings with key stakeholders to achieve consistent communication throughout the duration of the project
- Develop and deliver required project-specific reporting
- Proactively manage project-related issues and ensure desired project results pertaining to established transition goals and objectives
- Manage supporting suppliers/team members
- Qualify and manage vendors to ensure compliance with the performance standards
- Provides appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met
- Develops relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or equivalent educational and on the job experience
- PMP Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum two years of project management experience. Prefer pharmacy-related and/or clinical operations experience.
- Demonstrated experience with construction projects
- Collaborating with members of practice operations and identifying best practices and opportunities to enhance operations and improve efficiencies.
- Provide appropriate support to interpret data and provides ad-hoc data to leadership as requested.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, computer and communication skills are required.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Project, and other computer applications required.
- Ability to learn new technologies, web tools, and basic design tools.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Ohio driver’s license. Position will be required to travel to all Equitas Health Inc. and Equitas Health Pharmacy owned and operated locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving or having reliable transportation; written communication; writing policies and procedure; reviewing and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations; relationship building with business partners and community partners; supervising and training staff; utilizing a computer for typing, processing and conducting research; attending meetings; and presenting to small and large groups.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.