Administrative Assistant (Facilities/IT)
The intent of this essential position is to facilitate the efficient operation of the facilities and IT departments and maintain all office procedures in a professional manner as outlined by the Senior Director of Administrative Services.
PAY RANGE: $31,200-$36,000
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to providing outstanding administrative support and second-to-none customer service to Equitas Health employees, visitors, clients and stakeholders, filing, sorting, coordinating mail, utilizing a computer for data entry, conducting research, interacting with others, coordinating multiple schedules, and providing administrative support to the Facilities and IT departments.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Maintains a variety of records, supplies, calendar, schedules, files, etc. (e.g. employee time reports, fiscal information, energy cost/usage, construction, developer fees, mitigation, work orders, etc.) for the purpose of providing documentation in accordance with administrative and legal requirements.
- Performs record keeping (confidential and non-confidential) and general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting assigned administrator with necessary materials.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. correspondence, memos, fiscal and statistical reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Processes documents and materials (e.g. bid packets, contracts, specifications, purchase requisitions, mail, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information in compliance with program, district, state and/or federal requirements.
- Researches a wide variety of topics (e.g. current practices, policies, education codes, etc.) for the purpose of providing information for addressing a variety of administrative requirements.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (in person and by telephone) (e.g. staff, auditors, community, parents, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Greet in-person visitors and provide excellent customer service
- Manage incoming telephone communication including taking messages, arranging callbacks, providing back up materials for callbacks, and prioritizing and triaging calls to appropriate staff
- High School degree or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of similar experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communications abilities, including drafting correspondence.
- Experience with and ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Must be courteous, friendly and customer-focused.
- Experience with data collection and data entry
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Must have strong time-management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Must have excellent typing and database entry skills along with good communication and writing skills.
- Experience and proficiency with a range of computer software and platforms, including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered.
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.