The staff accountant serves within the Finance Department under the Accounting Supervisor and is responsible for daily fiscal functions of the organization. The staff accountant performs weekly and monthly basic accounting functions and also provides a great deal of administrative support to the department as a whole.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, data entry, typing, filing, sorting, utilizing a computer for data entry, conducting research, attending meetings, drafting and distributing reports, interacting with others, reconciling data, creating and updating spreadsheet, and coordinating multiple schedules. Communicating with others is an essential job function.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Process client assistance requests
- Serves as a back-up for processing of bi-weekly payroll
- Assist with month end closing including balance sheet reconciliations and reconciling cash accounts
- Assist with annual independent financial audit and periodic funder audits.
- Input all pledges into accounting system.
- Enter all deposits into accounting system.
- Reconcile deposit and pledge information in collaboration with the development department.
- Maintain finance department files accurately and completely.
- Perform fiscal functions at special events.
- Deliver results through problem solving, project management and creative resourcefulness
- Set individual priorities and effectively monitor progress towards achievement.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment, exercise professional conduct, understand and follow business ethics and standards, and maintain a high level of confidentiality in all duties.
- Function effectively as a member of a team, and exhibit willingness to participate in activities and assignments that will benefit other members of the team or will contribute to the accomplishment of team objectives.
- Establish and maintain professional, productive and courteous interactions with employees that promote positive teamwork, as well as with constituents of the organization. This encompasses going beyond giving and receiving instructions and includes but is not limited to (a) performing work activities requiring interacting or speaking with others, and (b) responding appropriately to constructive feedback or suggestions for improvement from a supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in accounting or finance with at least two years of experience preferred, or equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with a nonprofit 501(c) (3) organization strongly preferred
- Consistently display outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and structure analysis for complex business issues
- Sufficient knowledge to comprehend and create financial analyses
- Proven track record of exceeding goals with a bottom-line orientation,
- Demonstrate the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Must be proficient in the use of computer spreadsheet applications, accounting software, applications, word processing and email
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, changing environment; manage multiple demands and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work independently
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with ARC Ohio’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.