Senior Director of Clinical Services
The Senior Director of Clinical Services provides system level leadership to the medical center, dental, and behavioral health staff. The Senior Director of Clinical Services is responsible for overseeing and ensuring the safe, efficient and effective delivery of patient care services throughout the Equitas Health clinics. The Senior Director of Clinical Services guides and engages Equitas Health’s operational staff, foster clinical effectiveness and advance a culture of excellence. This position works collaboratively with the Senior Director of Pharmacy Services to integrate and ensure comprehensive patient care across service lines, and develop clinical strategies that align with the mission of Equitas Health.
The Senior Director of Clinical Services monitors and ensures compliance and regulatory requirements are met. The Senior Director also creates, monitors and manages the budgets of the medical center, dental clinic and behavioral health programs to ensure finance goals are achieved.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop, implement and monitor clinical programs that add and expand integrated services, including medical care, dental care, and behavioral health services
- Initiate and lead clinical initiatives aimed at maximizing the efficiency of clinical operations, improving patient service, and enhancing quality and safety outcomes
- Direct the delivery of clinical services across a wide geographic area
- Build and leverage cross functional collaborative relationships to achieve shared organizational goals
- Ensure compliance with all legislative, program, and funder regulations, including standards of HRSA, CMS, ODH, HIPAA and OSHA regulations
- Develop and oversee clinical policies and procedures in compliance with Federal, State, FQHC, and Equitas Health standards
- Innovate patient care initiatives and leverage technology, including tele-health and e-visits.
- Provide leadership and oversight over the development of a competency-based development and training program for all clinical staff
- Create a work climate that emphasizes collective team performance and demonstrates Equitas Health’s values
- Make recommendations for capital, operating and staffing budgets
- Promote the use and implementation of technology in the workplace in order to streamline operations, facilitate communications, and optimize work processes
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships with local, regional, and national agencies involved in primary care, HIV, and LGBTQ care
- Responsible for coordinating and directing all aspects of clinical transformation and healthcare integration activities spread across the breadth of all Equitas Health patient/client offerings.
- Collaborate with peers to develop training tools to ensure success of Equitas Health clinical transformation initiatives and deploy high level programs not limited to chronic care management, transitional care management, patient experience, health literacy, care team integration, and quality improvement activities.
- Primary responsibility for managing relationship with EMR account managers and leadership to ensure ongoing continuity of a co-sourced model of vendor relationships.
- Research and analyze data to assist in identification of best practices for productivity, patient satisfaction, cost management, and resource utilization.
- Provider leadership development opportunities and succession planning to all leaders within reporting structure.
- Oversee the development and implementation of new medical center, dental and behavioral health locations. Oversee the implementation of new medical center service lines.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of contracts with physicians, medical entities and other providers and services at the clinic.
- Work with Chief Medical Officer and Chief Healthcare Operation Officer to initiate, develop, and implement best practices to ensure patient and employee satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Grants to develop, coordinate, implement, and supervise all grant funding for the Medical Center, Dental, and Behavioral Health
- Coordinate with the Quality Department to implement quality improvement initiatives and data reporting needs such as the UDS, RSR and other quality metrics related to population health and performance improvement.
- Develop short-term and long-term financial goals to ensure system growth
- Participate in the monthly Quality Committee of the Board.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced Degree related to Healthcare Operations or other relevant experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Minimum of six (6) years healthcare management experience required. 10 years preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years management experience in an ambulatory practice environment required.
- Subject matter expertise and experience in PCMH, Comprehensive Primary Care, ACO, population health, clinical integration, chronic care models.
- Previous experience within FQHC preferred.
- Previous experience overseeing dental and behavioral health services preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, computer and communication skills are required.
- Strong financial and business operations background with ability to think critically and strategically.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required. Experience with EPIC preferred and ability to learn new technologies, web tools, and basic design tools is imperative.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Ohio driver’s license
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA