This Clinic Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Medical and Dental Center and ensuring that the services are provided in a high quality, patient centered manner, resulting in excellent patient and fiscal outcomes. The Clinic Manager works in close collaboration with the Director of Pharmacy, Medical Director, Director of Healthcare Operations and the Director of Healthcare Revenue.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for patient recruitment and retention, customer service improvement initiatives and coordinating efforts to engage patients who have fallen out of care.
- Coordinates with Directors of behavioral health, dental and medical services in order to meet utilization and productivity goals at the Medical Center.
- Responsible for staffing activities in coordination with the HR department such as recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, disciplining and terminating.
- Act as direct administrative supervisor for clinic and dental staff. Coordinate with Dental and Medical Directors in evaluation activities and training requirements.
- Analyze productivity and time management of providers to improve cost effectiveness of clinic.
- Develop and monitor contracts with providers such as physicians, therapists, APRNs, and dental providers.
- Work with staff to ensure that the data is entered accurately and consistently within the EHR.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Medical Center including addressing facility problems as they arise, resolving staffing issues as appropriate, submitting expenditure requests to finance, coordinating staff support or contractors for facility issues, orienting new staff to space, resolving customer complaints, and coordinating facility needs such as ordering equipment, supplies and information technology.
- Coordinate staff training for the EHR and become a super user.
- Coordinate with the human resources department to ensure that all clinical staff have current certifications and licenses to perform their job duties.
- Work with CQI Specialist on data projects and quality improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate with Director of Healthcare Revenue to ensure that the revenue cycle is implemented effectively beginning with the front desk staff to providers coding services properly.
- Work with team members to develop step-by-step procedures for complex processes. Train staff in related policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative, program, and funder regulations including standards of HRSA, Meaningful Use, HRC, CMS, ODH, HIPAA and OSHA regulations.
- Coordinate the patient greeting, registration, payment, scheduling and all front desk operations in close collaboration with the Director of Healthcare Revenue.
- Monitor client/patient files, records, and other documentation, with CQI Specialist for adherence to best practice, agency policy, external regulations and funding requirements.
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships with local, regional, and national agencies involved in HIV, LGBTQ health, FQHCs and primary care entities.
- Build ongoing relationships with other service providers in community and promote the services that Equitas Health Medical Center and Pharmacy provides.
- Facilitate weekly clinic staff meetings and multi-disciplinary team staffing.
- Conduct community presentations, promotional activities and represent the organization as appropriate on committees and at meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Management, Business, Social Work Administration or equivalent professional work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have at least three years of supervisory experience and experience working in a medical office or dental office setting.
- Knowledge of and experience with patient recruitment/retention and the revenue cycle.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must. Knowledge and experience with effective use of social media is a plus.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and LGBTQ communities.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required. Experience with EPIC preferred and ability to learn new technologies, web tools, and basic design tools is imperative.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Ohio driver’s license.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA