Non-Medical Case Manager
The Non-Medical Case Manager is responsible for providing case management services at Equitas Health and identifying and assisting HIV+ persons needing case management services throughout Ohio. This position promotes the independence, stability, and health of persons living with HIV/AIDS by providing non-medical case management services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving, having reliable transportation to transport clients and meet clients, and utilizing a computer for typing and conducting research, attending meetings, conducting assessments and counseling.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide high quality case management for clients and their families by assisting them to access medical services, health insurance, Ryan White benefits, and other resources and services toimprove health outcomes, housing stability, and employment and income attainment.
- Complete assessments, bi-annually and as needed, that focus on specific barriers and assist the client in successfully overcoming barriers to HIV prevention, care, and treatment. Non-Medical Case Managers will assist clients in completing and submitting all necessary documentation related to these assessments.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate individual case plans for each assigned client at intake, bi-annually, and as needed thereafter. Case Plans will address services provided to the client within Equitas Health, as well as services managed within the community by other providers.
- Function as a central and primary access point for financial assistance programs, including but not limited to Ryan White Treatment Modernization Act (Part B and C), HOPWA short term rental assistance, and other assistance programs as appropriate. Non-Medical Case Managers will complete and submit paperwork as is needed to support client in maintaining these assistance programs.
- Identify mental health crises and immediately consult with Supervisors whenever a crisis occurs. Non-Medical Case Managers will also reach out to community mental health services and consult with ongoing Mental Health and Therapy Providers as appropriate. Non-Medical Case Managers are responsible for completing lethality assessment documentation as appropriate and under the supervision of their direct Supervisor.
- Assist client with linkage to resources such as housing, respite, nutritional assistance, palliative care, chore assistance, transportation and social functions that help increase the client’s ability to remain independent in the community.
- Navigate community workforce programs and provide supportive services to clients that address the unique barriers to employment PLWHA may face in returning to work, understanding benefits eligibility, confidentiality and health management in the workplace.
- Provide transportation to and from appointments related to resource needs, medical needs, and other activities related to the client’s ability to remain independent within the community.
- Identify and engage health care professionals in the region to provide quality services to HIV+ individuals and establish new relationships in collaboration with ODH. Non-Medical Case Managers will refer Providers who seek a relationship with ODH to the appropriate contacts within ODH.
- Represent Equitas Health within the community, engaging other service providers and providing education about special needs associated with a client living with HIV/AIDS in the primary care continuum, mental health continuum, and other community resources.
- Works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Non-Medical Case Managers are responsible to maintain documentation through Equitas Health, ODH, and other software systems. All documentation will be recorded and complete within two business days of provided service.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ensure that action items and updates are provided to Supervisor proactively. Capture feedback from clients, staff, and community partners and communicate the information to the appropriate persons.
- Returns client, provider, and other stakeholder correspondence within 2 business days.
- Achieve productivity standards maintained by Equitas Health, including spending no less than 60% per month of hours worked directly engaging with clients, their families, and other informal supports.
- Participate in and complete Peer Review Audits monthly. Non-Medical Case Managers will maintain scores of no less than 90% on monthly peer reviews.
- Coordinate with clients in order to maintain Active status through Ryan White and other programs. Non-Medical Case Managers are responsible to have no less than 90% of their clients within date or identified as active in any given month.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of documentation in order to provide accurate data and reports to Equitas Health and its Board, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
- Attend trainings, as assigned, to improve case management skills related to written and verbal skills, putting theory into practice, and accurate documentation across multiple systems.
- Non-Medical Case Managers will participate in Motivational Interviewing trainings and Learning Groups. As appropriate, Supervisors will schedule shadowing and review recorded visits between Non-Medical Case Managers and clients in order to evaluate Motivational Interviewing skills.
- Participate in Equitas Health Committees and Performance Improvement Teams as appropriate and assigned by direct supervisor.
- Prepare for and attend individual and group supervision per Supervisor’s schedule. Non-Medical Case Managers are responsible for bringing client concerns, process questions, and other needs to scheduled supervisions. Non-Medical Case Managers are required to attend 8 hours of supervision per month.
- Demonstrates unconditional positive regard to clients; Conducts all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrates continuous growth and development of Cultural Competency exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Attend monthly, quarterly, and as needed meetings in-person at multiple agency sites and community partner locations.
- Utilize email, Skype, phone, and other telecommunication options to participate in meetings across sites.
- Other duties as assigned related to this position by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in human services or related field
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Community-based Case Management, housing services and employment training experience desired.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
- Knowledge and adherence to social work standards and ethics.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.