Housing Case Aide
The Case Aide is responsible for assisting people living with HIV who are in need of case management, housing and emergency financial assistance services through the provision of comprehensive services with a focus on improved health outcomes, housing stability, employment and income attainment.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving, providing client transportation, utilizing a computer for typing and conducting research, attending meetings.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Complete all documentation within two business days of service provided.
- Provide client follow up to collect necessary documents to complete the application for housing assistance.
- Maintain client files and records and provide data for federal, agency and board purposes.
- Assist the housing case managers in completing essential functions of the job.
- Maintain appropriate referral sources and contact persons for client access to community-based services such as housing, nutritional assistance, transportation and social functions which help increase ability to remain independent in the community.
- Assist with building community and landlord partnerships and responsible for regular check-ins to assess for available resources.
- Provide client transportation to housing-related appointments, including appointments for assistance, PIPP, and housing search, when the assigned housing case manager is not available.
- Work with the housing case manager to provide follow-up to clients, landlords and utility companies to confirm payment has been received in a timely manner.
- Serve as a liaison between the housing team and finance associate to ensure a seamless process for payment to be issued.
- Complete 3- and 6-month follow up with the client to inquire about housing/utility status.
- Complete 10 hours a year of HIV/AIDS specific training.
- Continuously grow and develop Cultural Competency, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor related to the position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Completed coursework towards an associate degree with a minimum of one year of experience working in a community based agency/setting required.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/ transgender community.
- Community-based Case Management and training experience desired.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.