Dental Assistant (Part-Time)
Supports dentist in delivering primary dental care, prepares equipment and workplace for use, and contributes to supportive atmosphere for dental patients. Uses chairside, four handed dentistry techniques.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with dental standards.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Prepare office and treatment areas each day.
- Prescreen patient needs and educate patients on general oral healthcare.
- Obtain and manage accurate patient records by charting and documenting dental care services and medical histories.
- Educate patients on treatment plan actions and promote best strategy.
- Review postoperative instructions and assist in answering routine patient questions.
- Perform pre/post treatment, set-up/clean-up procedures for each patient in accordance with all Agency protocols.
- Prepare patients for dental procedures.
- Assist dentist at chairside, using 4-handed techniques.
- Exhibit appropriate knowledge of instruments and techniques utilized for all procedures.
- Perform independent patient services, as directed, including patient triage, radiographs, impressions, suture removal, temporary fillings, recement crowns, laboratory work.
- Maintain dental facility, treatment areas, equipment and instruments in proper working order.
- Maintain adequate inventory of dental supplies.
- Strictly follow safety and infection control standards at all times, including appropriate use of PPE.
- Take quality radiographs, as prescribed. Comply with radiation safety standards for staff and patients.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times with a focus on quality of care and teamwork that focuses on the needs of the department and/or the business of the Agency.
- Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients; Conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Strive for continuous growth and development of Cultural Competency exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Graduate of accredited Dental Assisting School or two years dental experience in general dentistry.
- Certified in Dental Radiology by the Ohio State Dental Board
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- CPR Certification (training can be provided upon hire)
- Commitment to preventive dental care
- Knowledge/interest in providing care to diverse patient population
- Written and oral bilingual fluency in language spoken by our patient population (for example, English/Spanish or English/Polish) strongly preferred.
Background check and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.