Director of Housing
Equitas Health mission is to lead the fight against HIV/AIDS through awareness, advocacy, and care. The individual holding the Director of Housing position is responsible for the Coordination and Implementation of the Housing Programs to meet the needs of clients requesting assistance. The individual will operate in accordance with the established professional standards and guidelines for the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), ODADAS, and HUD and agree to adhere to NASW standards for services and clinical supervision, and the Ohio Credentialing Board (OCB) and OCB standards for social work.
This position can work from multiple locations across the state of Ohio, including Akron, Athens, Canton, Columbus, Dayton, Lima, Mansfield, Newark, Portsmouth, Toledo, or Youngstown. Some travel is required.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develop and implement Clinical Quality Management Plan focusing on collecting data, data analysis and process improvement, and report on Housing activities to Senior Director of Client Services.
- Provide supervision to Housing Program Managers including developing and advancing clinical and supervision skills, reviewing documentation, putting theory into practice, continuing education, lending emotional support, and identifying transference issues. Administrative supervision to staff includes performance evaluations, monitoring Key Performance Indicators, punctuality and reliability, and job performance.
- Work with staff to establish relationships in all communities across the state with other Housing service providers, coalitions and landlords
- Return client, provider, and other stakeholder correspondence (phone, paper, electronic, fax, etc.) within 2 business days.
- Build new and maintain ongoing relationships with other service providers serving the HIV/AIDS community.
- Assure a supportive environment within Housing
- Ensure integration between the Housing and all other Departments across the organization
- Advocate a spirit of client-centered cooperation and service within Case Management
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Ensure compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership by anticipating and problem solving service interruptions.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of Incident Reports.
- Develop and implement Housing Training Program.
- Ensure client files and records are maintained as directed by agency policies and procedures and grant requirements resulting in successfully passing all audits.
- Maintain client confidentiality by ensuring staff follow agency and program policies and procedures.
- Appropriate use of clinical supervision: seeking individual supervision as needed; being prepared to actively participate in group supervision/meetings.
- Continuous growth and development of Cultural Competency exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. that includes an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Ensure Housing Program Managers are reviewing Productivity report with their staff in individual supervision; Identify areas that require attention such as time management skills, organizational skills, utilization report.
- Provide training and ongoing coaching for identified needs.
- Assist in development of and be the lead for ongoing review of grant and departmental budgets and progress reports to identify and remedy any budget variances.
- Ensure that program managers have a solid understanding of their own budgets and budget processes.
- Understand and abide by the policies and procedures set forth in the Safety Manual.
- Represent organization in community engaging other service providers and educating about special needs associated with HIV/AIDS in the primary care continuum.
- Work in conjunction with Equitas Health committees related to clients’ needs and services including participation in peer review, Quality Committee, all improvement efforts, and department meetings.
- Ensure Housing Program Managers provide a client success story each quarter.
- Monitor and track performance of all KPI’s for Housing across the state
- Other duties as assigned related to this position by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of LISW-S preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years of direct-service experience, preferably in a community-based health-care setting and a minimum of five years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of HUD regulations and guidelines and experience in Housing program management
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, chemical dependency and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
- Community-based Case Management and training experience required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Must have valid Ohio driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Knowledge and adherence to social work standards and ethics.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.