Front End Associate (Part-Time)
Established in 1984, Equitas Health is a regional not-for-profit community-based healthcare system and federally qualified community health center look-alike. Its expanded mission has made it one of the nation’s largest HIV/AIDS, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) healthcare organizations. With 17 offices in 11 cities, it serves more than 67,000 individuals in Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia each year through its diverse healthcare and social service delivery system focused around: primary and specialized medical care, retail pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, HIV/STI prevention, advocacy, and community health initiatives.
The Equitas Health Pharmacy & Prizm magazine operate as social enterprises for Equitas Health; 100% of profits are reinvested back into the organization’s programs and services. For more information, visit equitashealth.com or find them on Facebook or Twitter.
Equitas Health Pharmacy is a company of Equitas Health providing access, education, consultation and management of general retail and specialty pharmaceuticals for patients of Equitas Health and other Ohio providers, as well as the local community.
The Front End Associate will have multiple responsibilities in the retail area of the Equitas Health Pharmacy to ensure an exceptional shopping experience for both Equitas Health patients and over the counter (OTC) customers as well as serving the community in which they work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Front End Associate for Equitas Health Pharmacy is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all pharmacy patients and OTC area customers. The Front End Associate helps ensure all products in their department are well stocked in an organized and customer friendly manner in order to meet the needs of all customers. The Front End Associate will work to ensure quick, convenient, friendly transactions with customer resulting in the best customer experience possible.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide excellent customer service to Equitas Health Pharmacy patients and OTC customers
- Ensure all items are in stock
- Select products based on business needs and place orders to vendors when needed
- Collaborate with Pharmacy Manager and Front End Supervisor to develop weekly sales plans
- Execute on plans for events and promotions that promote Equitas Health Pharmacy and Clinic services
- Promote Equitas Health Pharmacy and Clinic services to customers shopping OTC section
- Maintain a clean and organized backroom and display area
- Ensure proper returns of damaged, expired, overstock inventory
- Run register/ point of sale system
- Assist customers in locating items
- Place special orders for items requested by customers
- Continuously grow and develop cultural competency, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Pharmacy Services, Pharmacy Manager and Front End Supervisor.
- Any other responsibilities as defined in the Equitas Health Pharmacy Operations Manual.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in operating cash register/point of sale systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of health and social service needs of persons with HIV/AIDS.
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, chemical dependency and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.