Reporting to the Senior Director of Administrative Services, the Website Administrator is responsible for overseeing the continuing maintenance and updating of Equitas Health’s internal and external websites in a manner that is consistent with the organization’s vision, mission, and end-user needs. They will work with the PR/Marketing team to optimize the user experience by maintaining the integrity, quality, and content accuracy of all internal and external websites. Understands the intricacies of website maintenance including efficiency, security and patch management and strives to ensure that all websites are properly secured and maintained. Develops, administers and ensures adherence to necessary content management, operational and security standards, guidelines and workflows.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving, utilizing a web-server and internet, problem solving, attending meetings, conducting assessments and research and presenting findings.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Adhere to the Equitas Health Confidentiality Policy.
• Manage all assigned webservers.
• Review, revise, and approve staff and departmental content submissions for all assigned websites.
• Verify application results by conducting audits of implemented web technologies.
• Find, diagnose, and correct issues with all assigned websites.
• Evaluate website expansion by studying workload and capacity of website systems.
• Achieve operational web site objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending a course of action.
• Maintain assigned websites and provide recommendations to improve the efficiency, security and user experience.
• Place websites into production by loading sites onto the system and entering necessary commands.
• Monitor website security of all assigned websites.
• Provide technical support for all assigned websites.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
• Demonstrate unconditional positive regard to clients and conduct all aspects of job responsibilities with a focus on exceptional customer service.
• Continuously grow and develop Cultural Competency, exhibiting an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
• Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating unconditional positive regard to all Equitas Health employees, interns, etc. with an understanding, awareness, and respect for diversity.
• Other duties as assigned related to this position by supervisor.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent education and related training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
• Medical or health-related institution and Web site management experience.
• Organized, thorough, and has great attention to detail.
• Demonstrated knowledge and results of search engine optimized sites that rank high on major search engines for relevant key words.
• Knowledge of HTML and understanding how copy translates to code.
• Web server installation and management experience in both Windows and Unix environments.
• Web content editing experience using one of various programming languages.
• Working knowledge and experience using content management systems, social media tools and related Web applications.
• Effective oral, electronic and written communication with all levels of the organization using excellent customer service with ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
• Ability to multi-task and can handle frequent interruptions.
• Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and other computer applications required.
• Reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA