Under the general direction of the Director of Facilities and Special Projects or designee, assists with planning and organizing work activities and provides general maintenance support for all Equitas Health facilities. Assist with ensuring that scheduled maintenance is completed and coordinates projects with the Director of Facilities and Special Projects as well as fellow facilities technicians. Performs general maintenance and repair of complex systems, which include but are not limited to heating, ventilation and air conditioning, electrical and plumbing.
PAY RANGE: $34,560-$43,200
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, traveling, driving, using a telephone, utilizing a computer for typing and conducting research, and attending meetings.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.)
- Performs minor carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.)
- Oversees minor maintenance and/or repair projects as assigned
- Completes maintenance activities in a timely and cost effective manner, according to industry standards, relevant manufacturer's specifications and in a safe manner
- Order parts and maintains appropriate records
- Ensures that work orders are completed in a timely manner and maintains records and reports as required
- Operates various hand and small power tools and equipment in support of a variety of maintenance and repair operations
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Electrical licensure in Ohio is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Qualifications:
- Minimum two years’ experience in commercial facilities maintenance including work in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting and/or general maintenance
- Strong oral and written communications abilities
- Experience with and ability to provide high quality customer service
- Ability to travel to other sites in Ohio as necessary
- Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority health, sexual practices, and a demonstrated competence in working with persons of color, and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community
- Must be able to maintain individuals’ confidentiality
- Must have reliable transportation, driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Hours may vary, including working some evenings and weekends based on workload. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have been asked to visit for an interview and at that time complete an application for employment. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with Equitas Health’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
It is the policy of Equitas Health that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, union activity, military, veteran, and economic status, or any other characteristic protected in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. This policy applies to all phases of its personnel activity including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, separation, recall, compensation, benefits, education, recreation, and all other conditions or privileges of employment.
Equitas Health values diversity and welcomes applicants from a broad array of backgrounds.