Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Epizyme, Inc. is a fully integrated, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to its mission of rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. In addition to an active research and discovery pipeline, Epizyme has one U.S. FDA approved product, TAZVERIK® (tazemetostat), for the treatment of adults and pediatric patients aged 16 years and older with metastatic or locally advanced epithelioid sarcoma (ES) who are not eligible for complete resection; adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma whose tumors are positive for an EZH2 mutation as detected by an FDA-approved test and who have received at least 2 prior systemic therapies; and adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma who have no satisfactory alternative treatment options. These indications are approved under accelerated approval based on overall response rate and duration of response. Continued approval for these indications may be contingent upon verification and description of clinical benefit in a confirmatory trial(s). The company is also exploring the treatment potential of tazemetostat in investigational clinical trials in other solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in both relapsed and front-line disease settings. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme seeks to match medicines with the patients who need them. For more information, visit www.epizyme.com.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient.
We are searching for a Senior Financial Analyst to partner and support the FP&A group reporting to the Associate Director of Clinical Finance. This is an excellent opportunity with exposure to work across multiple functions within the FP&A group. The primary focus of the role is to support the Associate Director of Clinical Finance with financial oversight of our clinical trials; manage budgets and develop rolling forecast models. This person will be heavily involved in the month-end close process and managing multiple trial models including updating with actuals and projecting activities for the lifecycle of the trial. Outside of the month-end close timing, this role would support the FP&A group on financial modeling (development and enhancements of management and input templates) and ad hoc projects. This person will be self-motivated, with strong financial systems background. The successful candidate will have biotech/pharmaceutical experience, particularly within a research and development-focused organization, will be hands-on, detail oriented & have a passion for continuous improvement.
- Support and manage clinical trial models/framework to provide monthly updates on life-to-date status of ongoing studies
- Collaborate across the group to support month-end close, forecasting, budgeting, and long-range planning.
- Support efficient monthly actual results vs budget & forecasts, and clinical trial dashboards
- Provide financial support, report writing and ad hoc projects
- Drive process improvements in the forecasting/budgeting processes
Education & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in accounting, Finance or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive finance experience managing aspects of an annual budget and quarterly forecasting process
- Understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience with top-tier ERP system; Oracle or Oracle Fusion preferred.
- Experience in Adaptive Insights preferred
- Team player with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy by monitoring one’s own work to ensure quality results
- Ability to deliver on time while handling multiple, competing priorities
- Experience within a biotech/pharmaceutical organization, partnering with R&D functions and CRO’s
Epizyme, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace.