Scientist/Senior Scientist, Biological Sciences
Epizyme, Inc. is a fully integrated, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to its mission of rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. In addition to an active research and discovery pipeline, Epizyme has one U.S. FDA approved product, TAZVERIK® (tazemetostat), for the treatment of adults and pediatric patients aged 16 years and older with metastatic or locally advanced epithelioid sarcoma (ES) who are not eligible for complete resection; adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma whose tumors are positive for an EZH2 mutation as detected by an FDA-approved test and who have received at least 2 prior systemic therapies; and adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma who have no satisfactory alternative treatment options. These indications are approved under accelerated approval based on overall response rate and duration of response. Continued approval for these indications may be contingent upon verification and description of clinical benefit in a confirmatory trial(s). The company is also exploring the treatment potential of tazemetostat in investigational clinical trials in other solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in both relapsed and front-line disease settings. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme seeks to match medicines with the patients who need them. For more information, visit www.epizyme.com.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, discipline, innovation, openness, patient-focused and resilience.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our Biological Sciences group to support our multi-stage oncology projects. The successful candidate will be a key contributor of our dynamic, enthusiastic, collaborative and highly interdisciplinary project teams were she/he will propose, implement and execute biological studies supporting the progression of our discovery research projects to IND stage.
- Provide technical leadership by having a strong presence in the laboratory and mentor more junior biology team members
- Independently design, optimize and perform cellular assays to support drug discovery efforts
- Conduct research on underlying mechanisms relevant to cancer for project targets including combination therapies, indication expansion and drug resistance
- Manage externalization efforts at Contract Research Organizations for in vivo studies while working in collaboration with DMPK and Med Chem team members
- Independently summarize, analyze and document data as well as communicate scientific results to project team, senior management and at scientific meetings/conference
- Act as a liaison between biology and translational medicine teams for advance projects when needed
- Stay informed on the latest and emerging science and research in the fields of oncology and chromatin biology
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- PhD in Cancer Biology or related field with 3-5+ years industry experience or BS/MS with 7+ years industry experience
- Extensive experience in mammalian tissue culture techniques and molecular biology is required
- Proficient in experimental design, execution of in vitro biological experiments, data analysis and interpretation for drug discovery projects
- Experience in developing and executing studies to investigate target and/or therapeutic MOA by flow cytometry, RNA-seq, DNA-NGS, CHIP-seq, ATAC-seq is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing pharmacology studies at contract research organizations (CROs) is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with epigenetics/chromatin biology, DNA Damage Response (DDR) and drug resistance is a desirable
- Familiarity with bioinformatics is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and to think critically and creatively with team player mentality and commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills for participating across functional groups and externally.
To apply please visit www.epizyme.com/careers and apply directly to the position.
Epizyme, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace.