Scientist/ Senior Scientist, Immuno-oncology, Biological Sciences
Scientist/Senior Scientist, Immuno-oncology, Biological Sciences
Epizyme, Inc. is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. Epizyme is broadly developing its lead product candidate, tazemetostat, an oral, first-in-class EZH2 inhibitor, with studies underway in both solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in relapsed and front-line disease. The company is also exploring development candidates in its novel G9a inhibitor program. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme's science seeks to match targeted medicines with the patients who need them. For more information, visit www.epizyme.com.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist/Senior Scientist with immunology experience to join our Biological Sciences group. The successful candidate will lead immuno-oncology target ID activities and work within a team to establish a robust platform for immuno-oncology R&D. This role involves working collaboratively with various functional groups within the Research organization, as well with an external collaborator to validate novel epigenetic targets for immunotherapy or modulation of the tumor microenvironment that have been identified in an in vivo CRISPR screen.
- Design and execute experiments to support target identification/validation using in vitro immunology assays
- Work with academic collaborators to prioritize and validate novel immuno-oncology targets identified by CRISPR screens to funnel to our drug discovery platform
- Lead collaboratively with various groups within research, clinical, translational medicine, and drug discovery teams to identify new targets with the highest therapeutic potential
- Stay informed on the latest and emerging science and research in the fields of oncology, immuno-oncology and chromatin biology
- Manage externalization efforts for immuno-oncology assays at Contract Research Organizations to obtain data consistent with Epizyme’s high quality standards
- Communicate scientific results and strategy effectively among the scientific team, to senior management, and at scientific meetings/conferences
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- PhD in Biology or Immunology with 2-5+ years immunology experience or BS/MS with 5-7+ years industry experience in immunology
- Research experience in immunology or immuno-oncology is a must
- Prior success in the study/validation of novel targets in oncology/immuno-oncology
- Innovative and scientifically-oriented leader who drives data-driven decisions
- Experience required in mammalian tissue culture techniques, molecular biology, in vitro cellular immune assay development and data analysis solutions
- Proficient in experimental design, execution of experiments, data analysis and interpretation and data presentation
- Ability to drive projects that affect critical timelines
- Excellent organizational capability and attention to detail
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral, and must be the consummate team player