Associate Director, Commercial Training and Development
Epizyme, Inc. is a fully integrated commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to its mission of rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. In addition to an active research and discovery pipeline, Epizyme has one U.S. FDA approved product, TAZVERIK™ (tazemetostat), for the treatment of patients aged 16 years and older with metastatic or locally advanced epithelioid sarcoma who are not eligible for complete resection. This indication is approved under accelerated approval based on overall response rate and duration of response. Continued approval for this indication is contingent upon verification and description of clinical benefit in an ongoing confirmatory trial. The company is also exploring the treatment potential of tazemetostat in investigational clinical trials in other solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in both relapsed and front-line disease settings. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme seeks to match medicines with the patients who need them. For more information, visit www.epizyme.com.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient.
The Associate Director, Commercial Training and Development position reports to the Senior Director of Commercial Training and Development at Epizyme.
The Associate Director, Commercial Training and Development is responsible for the development, maintenance, and implementation of training materials, content, and programs for the Epizyme Commercial Team. The Associate Director,Commercial Training and Development contributes to sales success by proactively partnering with Marketing, Sales Leadership, Market Access, Business Insights and Analytics and healthcare professionals to create training materials/programs that address identified field/customer needs, support key marketing initiatives, enhance product knowledge, improve overall selling skills, and support the ongoing development needs of the sales team. The Associate Director, Commercial Training and Development is instrumental in training program/workshop development and execution for initiatives that span all phases of the training continuum.
- Responsible for executing on all training project phases including content design, development, and implementation.
- Partner with marketing teams and agencies to ensure training content is accurate and up to date for all training needs.
- Lead discussions with all key stakeholders in the Legal/Medical/Regulatory (LMR) process to ensure all relevant materials are approved for promotion.
- Develop, manage and implement effective training and development initiatives that stay within budget and contribute to driving sales results.
- Responsible for leading and facilitating all training classes and successfully partnering with cross functional stakeholders to execute training classes.
- Effectively manages and maintains up-to-date content and learning continuum within Epizyme systems.
- Deep product and managed care knowledge, and selling skills expert that continuously develops self in those areas.
- Partners with marketing, sales leadership, medical/legal/regulatory/compliance, and other departments, to create and implement specific training material and workshops for sales meetings.
- Continuously assesses effectiveness of training and development programs and initiatives.
- Research, recommend, and direct execution of blended learning solutions for Field Training, National Sales Meetings, Development Continuum, and Product Launch Meetings.
- Identify and utilize innovative technologies to facilitate adult learning, pull through of training and virtual training capabilities.
- Lead and manage projects in collaboration with training and development vendors as necessary.
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to create training documents needed to credential with vendor security and access systems
- Work with Regional Business Directors to develop career pathways for individual team members as needs arise.
- Collaborate with the Commercial Leadership Team developing national and regional meeting agendas and training workshops.
Education & Requirements:
- Qualified candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Motivated by patient focus, sense of urgency and desire to learn new skills.
- 5+ years of sales experience in the pharmaceutical or medical industry preferred.
- 5+ years of oncology, specialty, and/or rare disease experience preferred.
- 5+ years of dedicated sales training experience preferred.
- Previous training experience with product launches, oral oncology products, patient access services, and drug distribution processes preferred.
- Experience with successful development, management and execution of projects, and an ability to regularly multitask.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to travel approximately 20% to attend medical conferences, sales meetings and field ride-alongs with oncology account managers.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Solid understanding and capability when utilizing training technology
Epizyme, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace.